Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 optimised

Heya, i'm gonna introduce myself also..names Sarah and i'm 19 in a few days..unlike all of you i have no tattoos (yet)..mainly because i'm studying psychiatric nursing and there seen as unprofessional but i have 13 piercings..which i love alot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ismisebridget

:D hello! i'm Bridget as the user name suggests and only joined today really because i want to know something....Is Evergreen Street a quiet area? That is before you come to Evergreen Road in the city centre. I would appreciate a bit of help, cheers ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Hi, welcome along everyone.

No clue about evergreen street, or if it even exists. Oh it does in cork seemingly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

Hey guys!

I've been on boards a while now and never got around to posting on this!

My name is Darren, I'm 22, studying Psychology at Trinity, working as a doorman at a nightclub part time.

I absolutely love piercings, but can't get any because I practice and compete in martial arts. I have no tattoos worth mentioning (too broke to afford one!) I'm really hoping to get a tattoo when I can afford it, but I want to make sure I get the right one. I can imagine I'll become addicted in no time :D

It's great to be given the opportunity to introduce ourselves in this thread - much appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I absolutely love piercings, but can't get any because I practice and compete in martial arts. :)

Leukoplast is your friend!! :D

Have my nose and labret pierced at the moment, and just covered them with leukoplast when sparring until they healed enough that I could take them out and put them back in easily enough! (Was about a year though! :rolleyes:)

(Realised after that that probably isn't practical for all martial arts! I do TaeKwon- Do so I'm only punched and kicked, no grappling or anything!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

liliq wrote: »
    Leukoplast is your friend!! :D

Have my nose and labret pierced at the moment, and just covered them with leukoplast when sparring until they healed enough that I could take them out and put them back in easily enough! (Was about a year though! :rolleyes:)

(Realised after that that probably isn't practical for all martial arts! I do TaeKwon- Do so I'm only punched and kicked, no grappling or anything!)

Thanks for the advice, liliq! I do Judo, and mordern German Jujutsu (which is a bit like a mix between Krav Maga, boxing, and Traditional Jiu Jitsu) so there's punches, kicks, throws, grappling, joint locks, name-calling, sternly-worded letters etc. so I'm not sure it would be a good idea. I'll certainly look into it and ask my coaches, though!

Mordern German Jujutsu sounds bad ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭petebricquette

Hey guys, I just got a tattoo there two days ago so I feel I can now properly introduce myself in this lovely forum. I'm Pete, I'm a musician; 22; GSOH; I enjoy long walks... Anyway, pleasure to meet you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 RecklessJ

Hey there,

27 year old Canadian. I moved to Dublin in January. Will be here for a year before moving to Scotland. Currently being a lazy ass. I suppose that ends soon as I'm bound to run out of money. *sigh* I am also a musician.
    I actually released an album in Canada before hopping on a plane to run away to here.

I'm currently just a little tired on the constant excessive drinking and how easy it is to do here.....trying to spend some time in saving my money and health. Ran into this board online thought I'd say hi! :D

I took my piercings out last year at 26 after having them for well over a decade. Currently have tattoos on my right leg, both biceps and a full chest piece. Hoping to get something done in Ireland! :D

Any recommendations for shops in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

RecklessJ wrote: »

Colourworks in Temple Bar. Ask for Rob.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

RecklessJ wrote: »
    Hey there,

27 year old Canadian. I moved to Dublin in January. Will be here for a year before moving to Scotland. Currently being a lazy ass. I suppose that ends soon as I'm bound to run out of money. *sigh* I am also a musician.
    I actually released an album in Canada before hopping on a plane to run away to here.

I'm currently just a little tired on the constant excessive drinking and how easy it is to do here.....trying to spend some time in saving my money and health. Ran into this board online thought I'd say hi! :D

I took my piercings out last year at 26 after having them for well over a decade. Currently have tattoos on my right leg, both biceps and a full chest piece. Hoping to get something done in Ireland! :D

depends what yer lookin for tbh, colourworks and snakebite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 RecklessJ

depends what yer lookin for tbh, colourworks and snakebite

I'm sure I'll go in to a few places and take a look around. Just thought I'd ask for more commonly praised places.

I haven't met anyone here in person who has any decent work done so haven't bothered asking lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭smurfin

hi all
    andy here got 4 tats at the moment
    1) "death" in chinese on my left arm
    2)tribal spider on my upper back
    3)tribal design on my inner forearm
    4)old arabic symbol on my outer forearm

2 piercings
    1)tongue
    2)dermal anchor on my nape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 GreenFaery

Hullo all!

Would have written my intro sooner but completely forgot! Anyhoo! Name's Jo, almost 20. Right now, the only piercings I have are my ears (had lip, nose, scaffold done in the past).

I think I'm more of a tattoo girl. So far, have 7 tattoos - most consist of stars, love stars (arms, leg, back). Going for an 8th soon - getting some lyrics of a song inked on my leg (bday present - eeeeeeeee!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I got my first last week.

It's pretty itchy.

What's with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

have posted in Tattoos and Piercings a few times so i spose i better introduce myself :)
    Gavin, 20, Digital Media Student with a love for art and tattoos!
    Have 2 at the moment "Invictus" on my shin (sadly the film came out right after i got it done so it looked like i was the biggest fanboy EVER!!) and a fou dog in my thigh. plenty more planned. Nice to meet you all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Welcome aboard all you lovely new folks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ali_lee

hello all! I'm Ali, a student of veterinary medicine currently doing a year of study in Hertforshire. I have 13 piercings- (bellybutton, tongue, nape of neck and various bit of metal embedded in my ears) plus one tattoo, I'd like to get another but funding currently doesn't allow this! Not entirely sure how the piercings and tattoos will go down when I'm qualified, not o mention doing aseptic surgery but we'll see. I looked at this board for tips about healing up my nape piercing as its pretty new. Anyways nice to meet yaz all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chocablock

Hey there..Im Richard...Im 21 from Cork...Have a half sleeve and 4 other smaller tattoos...Used to have alot of piercings but only have the nipple left and two 5mm plugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Welcome aboard Ali and Richard! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

greetings, names william,from galway... have a full sleeeve on left arm,a few pieces on my right,one on each leg...will try upload a pic or 2..

mm.jpg23768_105108612846463_100000419755202_127484_5404306_n.jpg23768_105108892846435_100000419755202_127503_5089177_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 F_Fitzy

First post ever... This site is so huge and intimidating. Taken the best part of 20 minutes to figure it out and i still dont know if ive done it right. Im 21, from kildare. Yes, i have tattoos, no idea how to upload a picture though...

welcome along everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dontattoo

Hi all, I'm Don, just arrived to Ireland, working in Carlow as a Tattoo Artist. So glad to find friendly, open people here. Tattooing since 1993, specialized in b/g and portraits...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Daisie_

Hi Im Daisy, 26 from Tipperay. I have 2 tattoos (many more planned!) & various piercings. I'm new to this forum & Boards in general, so said I'd take the plunge & introduce myself to like minded folk! :P

Welcome along :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 LisaLowlife

Hello, I'm also a newb. Bit pierced and tattooed :D I'm always on boards but finally got round to setting up an account :p

Welcome along ya durt burd :p:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 LisaLowlife

That's Miss D Burd to you William ;)

• Advertisement

Sure sure :)

Advertisement