Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

:eek: People have pictures of Hellrazer and myself? :eek:

And if I keep asking I might get them too! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

:eek: People have pictures of Hellrazer and myself? :eek:

Jaysus, I hopeto feck ye're not nekkid!! :pac:

Welcome on board kiddums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

Hey folks!
    Already made a few posts here, and used to post as Funky Penguin, an account which has since been deleted back in the busiest time if my life!Kinda regret it, but new account is a chance or a new start on boards!

Have two tattoos, both in the last half year, and hoping for number three before I leave Japan for good in July! Think it's safe to say I'm addicted.....

Also hoping to go to a beers when I get back to Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

ConFurioso wrote: »
    ...used to post as Funky Penguin...
    Yay! Welcome back!

Cheers sir! It's good to be back, especially having discovered this community! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bonzo_k

Hello everyone. I have posted here from time to time, however I never formally introduced myself - how rude of me :) You all seem like a nice bunch.

I have been into piercing and tattooing since my teens and I am pushing 40 now. I never grew out of it. Haven't been tattooed since my 20's and have a tribal sleeve and some dodgy skulls & dragons from the Mint. Getting a japanese back piece in 2014 from Chris Crooks. Have a few body piercings, mostly hidden from view.

Finally, I have a interest in suspension, however not sure if I will actually go through with it if or when an opportunity to do it arises.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Hi all, sorry for the outburst the other day. :o Having some issues that are hopefully being sorted through. Thanks so much for your kind words and messages. Lyn, Kat et al, ye really are the best. xx :D

Anyway, my intro...hmmm....

My name is John, I love tattoos, currently getting a horror sleeve worked on at the minute, due to get another addition to it soon. I only have two piercings - my ear and my right eyebrow. I'm also into bikes. My own bike is in a million pieces in my Dad's garage after a bad accident last September, so I'm using the GF's bike for the moment until I get my own back on the road.

Hope to have many jokes, stories and fun with ye in the coming weeks/months and hopefully years.

So in a nutshell....

terminator-im-back.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I honestly cannot remember if I introduced myself here or not, but I've been lurking a lot more than usual lately! I'm kellie, 23, three tattos and currently working on my fourth. My cousin is an amazing artist who is doing up a watercolour carnation for me, which I hope to have done on my ribs by the end of the summer. The information on this forum is fantastic!

kellief wrote: »
    I honestly cannot remember if I introduced myself here or not, but I've been lurking a lot more than usual lately! I'm kellie, 23, three tattos and currently working on my fourth. My cousin is an amazing artist who is doing up a watercolour carnation for me, which I hope to have done on my ribs by the end of the summer. The information on this forum is fantastic!

Ribs?? OUCH!! :eek: Brave girl but kudos anyway. Welcome on board BTW. Lovely folk in here. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Hi all, sorry for the outburst the other day. :o Having some issues that are hopefully being sorted through. Thanks so much for your kind words and messages. Lyn, Kat et al, ye really are the best. xx :D

Anyway, my intro...hmmm....

My name is John, I love tattoos, currently getting a horror sleeve worked on at the minute, due to get another addition to it soon. I only have two piercings - my ear and my right eyebrow. I'm also into bikes. My own bike is in a million pieces in my Dad's garage after a bad accident last September, so I'm using the GF's bike for the moment until I get my own back on the road.

Hope to have many jokes, stories and fun with ye in the coming weeks/months and hopefully years.

So in a nutshell....

terminator-im-back.jpeg

The last John we had in here was a right trouble maker!

• Advertisement

Adiboo wrote: »
    The last John we had in here was a right trouble maker!

Aye, heard he was a right knob alright!!! :pac: :pac:

Ribs?? OUCH!! :eek: Brave girl but kudos anyway. Welcome on board BTW. Lovely folk in here. :D

I know! The more I think about it, the more I plan to run away from the idea! I really want it there though! I have a chronic pain condition, so I'm used to pain. It's for my grandfather and close friend who passed away within 6 weeks of each other, so a few hours pain I can handle, I hope!!

I know! The more I think about it, the more I plan to run away from the idea! I really want it there though! I have a chronic pain condition, so I'm used to pain. It's for my grandfather and close friend who passed away within 6 weeks of each other, so a few hours pain I can handle, I hope!!

Well, it's worth it so. My GF got a piece done from her..."lady garden area".... up her tummy, around her waist up the ribs and right up to the shoulder. About 7 and a half hours in one sitting. She cried, a lot, but said it was worth it for the end result. But everyone's pain threshold is different so it might not be TOO bad.

Well, it's worth it so. My GF got a piece done from her..."lady garden area".... up her tummy, around her waist up the ribs and right up to the shoulder. About 7 and a half hours in one sitting. She cried, a lot, but said it was worth it for the end result. But everyone's pain threshold is different so it might not be TOO bad.

That's my thinking. Oh my sweet divine Jesus christ on a bicycle, I could not handle 7 and a half hours. Nope. Nope. Nope. Some woman!!!

That's my thinking. Oh my sweet divine Jesus christ on a bicycle, I could not handle 7 and a half hours. Nope. Nope. Nope. Some woman!!!

Yep!!! Braver than I would be!! :o

Hi
    I know this isn't the appropriate forum but I couldnt find how to make one.. I'm looking for Summer work, I'm fifteen and very hard working, I have great attention to detail, I am up to do anything and available every day. I would like to do some waitressing or even some babysitting but I am not picky as I just want to keep busy. My email is <snip> if you have anything or know anyone that would be brilliant, hope to hear from at least one of you if you have anything.

Definitely the wrong forum!! You have a bar at the top of your screen for the different sections. Maybe go to "Region" and put a thread in there. Having said that, they don't like advertising in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

Definitely the wrong forum!! You have a bar at the top of your screen for the different sections. Maybe go to "Region" and put a thread in there. Having said that, they don't like advertising in here.

Wrong website altogether I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Fcuk me 7 & half hours on the ribs in one sitting serious ouch, my longest on the ribs was 6 at the convention and that was torture with Remis it was never longer that 4 and half hours.

Good woman I bow down :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭binxeo

Fcuk me 7 & half hours on the ribs in one sitting serious ouch, my longest on the ribs was 6 at the convention and that was torture with Remis it was never longer that 4 and half hours.

Good woman I bow down :pac:.

By the last 2hrs I told PKM to put on Slipknot...Before I Forget, on repeat and everyone had to shut the **** up or they were getting seriously hurt. It was soooo worth it though, now I know I can do that, my next tat should be a breeze. Lol

Ahhhh!!!!!! Hi funky penguin!!!!!

• Advertisement

Hahaha! Do you remember me now? I used to live in carton court with a certain ex-SU president. :)

ConFurioso wrote: »
    Hahaha! Do you remember me now? I used to live in carton court with a certain ex-SU president. :)

I do!! Hi friend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

So I went and got the outline done for my first tattoo yesterday. And here I am today. Long time boardsie - just never on this forum - and now living in Yorkshire. I helped a friend set up her own tattoo studio a couple of months ago and finally took the plunge on the idea of getting tattooed since I had toyed wth the notion for years but never gotten around to doing until now.

Lemming wrote: »
    So I went and got the outline done for my first tattoo yesterday. And here I am today. Long time boardsie - just never on this forum - and now living in Yorkshire. I helped a friend set up her own tattoo studio a couple of months ago and finally took the plunge on the idea of getting tattooed since I had toyed wth the notion for years but never gotten around to doing until now.

Long time no see you old head chewer! :D

Long time no see you old head chewer! :D

Your head is safe, being in another country and all. I miss that nomable scalp. OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM :pac:

I've applied a protective layer of hair now, just to be sure!
    What's the tattoo?

I've applied a protective layer of hair now, just to be sure!
    What's the tattoo?

Spoilsport. Need lack of hair for nomage! You wouldn't want me coughing up hairballs now would you?

Tattoo is a moth design, on my lower left leg (front) sitting near the top of the shin so the wings are wrapping around to the sides and arching upwards towards the knee (if that makes sense). Pictures to follow when the colour-in is done.

If it keeps what precious little brains I have intact, it's a price I'm willing to pay! (Plus, that could look kinda funny...)

Tattoo sounds good, and I like the sound of the placement!

I'll be sure to start watching Emmerdale to try to spot you in the background... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Seeing as I'm posting in every other thread around here I may as well jump in on this one :p I'm Shauna and I'm a tattooaholic. For my first one the day of my 18th birthday and 3 years on I still haven't stopped! All but one of my tattoos have an animal theme so you may guess (especially if you read the Animal forum) that I am a crazy cat lady. I also used to have a ton of piercings but they kept falling out so now I just keep in the basic lobes, nostrils, traguses (how do you plural that?!) conch, took and naval! Have to say I miss my industrial and stretchers though... Anyway enough of my ramblings, I look forward to many moons of lurking on this forum with maybe the occasional post :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Being lurking around here every now and again when none of the nocs are about or when I have nothing to rant about! :pac: Anyway, thought I would introduce myself! I am Mozz, and I have ten tattoos and counting. I love drawing and art since I was knee high to a grasshopper. That passion has led me to the decision that I want to be a tattoo artist. Through a few artist friends I have obtained guns and a small bit of training but I am still on the look out for someone who is willing to take on an apprentice but still no luck :( Anyway I came here to share my love of tattoos with you guys! :)

Advertisement