Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to level?

Options
  • 02-09-2008 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

This is for all the beta players and early access people, who will hopefully be able to add some more information.

From your time playing so far, what is the Fastest way to level in this game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

From your time playing so far, what is the Fastest way to level in this game?
    I have not played it (yet) but from what I hear there is no race to 40 like in WoW. Levelling is just part of the game not something you need to rush through. You can do Public quests, PvP, RvR straight away. You don't need to be the max level to do cool stuff. I am open to correction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Public Quests with a party.
    I had recruited a ton of people ages ago in beta, into a guild I had made.
    The guild hit rank 40 in only a few days and I found that being in a group when doing public quests meant the quests went quicker and you had a bit of fun doing it.
    You also get a "killing spree" which is +x% of xp. This goes up to a maximum of level 4 - "Your killing spree has advanced to level 4. +20% xp" or whatever it was.
    You hit that in groups a lot.

Mind you, the +influence and +xp from kills is obviously lessened, but its far more superior to play in a group/party. Your guild will get xp if you do too, more so if youre in a party with guildies.

edit - If you arent sure how Influence works:
    Basically, if you complete something related to a public quest, in the public quest area, you get +influence. The more people in the area (doesnt matter if partied or not) the less +inf you get. You have a long vertical bar beside your radar, split into 3 sections of equal size. Top middle and bottom.
    The influence fills it up as you go, so you fill the bottom section first, then the middle then the top. There is an NPC for each area where there is a public quest or two. This NPC allows you to choose a reward at each Influence level. The first level, the bottom part, is usually potions, then you get better armour etc as you get more.
    It was always a choice of 1 item out of 4 on offer, after completing each influence section.

The public quests are like taking part in the story of the world, for that area you are in. Once you complete your influence bar, you kinda complete that chapter of the story...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

sounds cool

totally different from every mmo i have played

Advertisement