Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone screen stuck with picture cable and logo?

• 02-09-2008 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Apologies if this has already been answered but I did look!

I have had the iphone for a year and it was working perfectly with ziphone. I then got new a computer and when I downloaded itunes it messed up the iphone. I have tried to use the ziphone software to rectify it but I can not get the logo and cable screen to move.

I have since re-loaded an older version of itunes (7.20) but it won't recognise the iphone when I hook it up to computer. I have tried to hold the power/home button for 7 seconds, let power go and then home but it doesn't work.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

From what i hear, ziphone is not a good way to unlock an iphone. I messes up some of the files. Try to use winpwn (or pwnage tool if you have a mac) instead. That's more reliable.

I think you have to put the iphone in DFU mode (which you should be able to do) and then install a modded (or pwn'd)
    firmware. Google will help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 chequeredmaniac

My friend did the exact same thing. He completely bricked it with Ziphone. He was on a Mac so we used Pwnage Tool but winpwn is the same.

What you need to do is
    1. Grab a copy of an .ipsw file for the firmware the phone was before using Ziphone eg. If you were going from 1.2.121 up to 2.1 you need to grab the 1.2.121 ipsw.
    2. Plug in and let itunes tell you to go into restore mode and to backup. This is where you need to select your downloaded ipsw file. ITunes always tries to backup with its own ipsw from their servers so what you need to do is Shift+Click on the restore button in itunes, then you'll get a file browser pop up and you need to pick your downloaded firmware.

Note: It'll take ages to restore it all up, or at least it did with mine, I'm pretty sure it was around half an hour but it could take longer so just go watch an episode of something.

3. Once thats done you should have the emergency call and slide to unlock functionality back on your phone. This is great news. Now you can use WinPwn because before now you weren't able to enter this thing called DFU mode. That is crucial.

4. Go into WinPwn and pick your iphone. I'd say go for the basic mode unless you know what your doing. I'll ask you a bunch of q's. Should be pretty straight forward. Eventually you'll get the option to start it making the custom ipsw for you. Have it save onto the desktop. At some stage here it will get you to enter into DFU mode, follow the onscreen instructions and it doesn't matter if you keep getting it wrong, its patient.

5. Once it says that its all done go back into itunes and go to restore it again, except this time you'll be using the custom ipsw bundle that WinPwn just made. Don't forget you need to Shift+Click to get the file browser again or else it just won't work.

6. Start the restore with the custom bundle and leave to work away, go back and watch another episode. It should say its all backed up. When you start the phone you should see the little PwnApple. That is great news. It'll have to do a bit of starting up work to get the baseband flashed and so on, once again just leave it and be patient, I'd say it'll be about time for some food by now so make a sandwich and you should be sorted.

Hope this helped. Lemme know if it worked or if you have any questions about all the crapola I just wrote.

Advertisement