Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which one of these Mountain Bikes is best ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭niall mc

Nice selection of bikes there.
    If its just general fitness and street riding id stick with a hardtail, no point having full sus on the pavement.

Id have a toss up between the Gary Fisher and the Kona.
    The GFs have lovely frames and decent kit and the Kona will have a better frame (probably) but youd be sacraficing the components.
    Ive had a Kona and a GF and the GF geometry was just amazing.

MAke sure you try them out before you buy them (not always possible in Ireland - might be worth taking the trip to Antrim and visiting Chain REaction Cycles or Bikedock)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Gaint Trance - don't need full suspension starting out
    Kona Scrap - way too heavy, more of a jump-bike

The other three would be OK but I'd go for the XTC myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭cruizer22b

Thanks lads, Ill stick with the hard tail so I guess the Giant or Gary Fisher would do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

as per morgan - you might try the following addresses too:-

www.pedalon.co.uk
    www.canyon.de

all good bikes listed here

take it from me I bought a full sus first when I started mtb. wrong move! hardtail is the way to go !! full sus bikes are useless unless you can aford above €2k+, the cheaper full sus bikes are heavey and have poor components!

cycleinn in tallaght has a few demo bikes too! give it a try before you buy!

Advertisement