Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Game Suggestion

• 02-09-2008 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Looking for a new game but havent got a clue what to get.

Last Game I bought was GTA IV and wasnt that mad about it (maybe I should give it another try)
    One before that was Vegas 6 part two - didnt like that either
    Been playing COD 3 and COD 4 mainly for the past few months and getting a bit bored of them so want to try something new.
    Never really played RPG's and dont think I'd be into them...
    Wouldnt be into Rock Band or Guitar Hero....

Do like sports games, first person shooters, driving, flying, etc etc etc

Any suggestions welcome - any price range considered!!!!!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I got Unreal tournament 3 recently, it's class if you like online gaming!

Tiger Woods 09 is really good if you're into that kind of thing (I am!)

Grid is a class racing game, the best this year imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Hold on for FallOut 3, it looks like the shizzle.I'm a big Morrowind fan, so if ya fancy something along those lines hold on till start of october.Heard that Too Human is fairly crap as well so I'd give that a miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Meatwad wrote: »
    Hold on for FallOut 3, it looks like the shizzle.I'm a big Morrowind fan, so if ya fancy something along those lines hold on till start of october.Heard that Too Human is fairly crap as well so I'd give that a miss.

He's not really into RPGs!

It does look bloody class though! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Rainyface wrote: »
    Wouldnt be into Rock Band or Guitar Hero....

Are you sure about that?! I didn't think I would either but, for some odd reason they're really good fun. A game that I loved and you'll pick up cheaper than nearly any game out there is Stuntman: Ignition. But not everyones cup of tea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

+ for Grid -Great variety of racing and the ai is the best iv seen in racing games.

Battlefield bad company - Good multiplayer fun but can get repetitive

Shadowrun - old fps with a difference..you can pick it up for a 10er in extravision and is well worth the money while you wait for the big titles this winter

Gears of war 2 - coming out in November and is a must buy,nothing else to say tbh

Castle crashers - Excellent xbla title that everyone should have

Burnout paradise - good online racer and should be able to pick up on th cheap now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Same here with GTA IV!

I've recently finished playing Bioshock for a second time, great game and worth checking out if you haven't and should be cheap to pick up now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

orange box. bioshock.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Fol20 wrote: »
    Shadowrun - old fps with a difference..you can pick it up for a 10er in extravision and is well worth the money while you wait for the big titles this winter

Does that game still have an online community?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

Cheers for the suggestions...

Grid and BioShock are main runners I think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

orange box should be in there aswell 5 full games in 1 you can not go wrong. The half life series has been the best PC/Console shooter to date.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

With Gears 2 coming soon and the fact that I was travelling when Gears 1 came out I decided to pick gears of War up on the cheap.

Excellent game and perfect time to play with the second one coming so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Football Manager 2008. END OF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

yap helo 3 get pray for about a 5 euro now also the dackness for 10 euros also did not like gta 4

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I loved GTAIV. Really surprised at the number of people who didn't like it. It was a joy to play from start to finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Lamposts wrote: »
    Football Manager 2008. END OF.

Well its not long untill the new ones out, easier and quicker to play on the PC too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Suit you sir! Yeah it's gonna have a 3d match engine too. woooo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Might suggest Mass effect. Very good game imo.

If you like racing, Need for Speed Pro Street isnt too bad. Cheap to buy now too.

I also say wait for Fallout 3 and all the great titles coming out soon!

Advertisement