Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clarkson - in "The Indo"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

From my reading of it, its the writer that seems to have a problem with something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

From my reading of it, its the writer that seems to have a problem with something

+1. Major attitude problem emanating from the writer. Wonder what his problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

sorry - yea, thats what I meant - I am glad I'm not the only one to spot that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

I think that's what RobAMerc is saying...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I thought the writer gave Clarkson a pretty easy ride, along with the obvious free publicity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

The hack sounds like a tree hugging sandle wearing republican to me.

Perhaps a little jealous that three other journalists get to play with some of the worlds coolest toys in front of a global audience of half a billion viewers.

Can't wait to see the show.

The hack sounds like a tree hugging sandle wearing republican to me..
    Not too many of them in the Indo..
    Perhaps a little jealous that three other journalists get to play with some of the worlds coolest toys in front of a global audience of half a billion viewers.

Can't wait to see the show.
    Or perhaps Clarkson just bores him? I love cars, and Clarkson live bores me. His articles can be good, but on the screen I find him snore-inducing.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,905 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Oh I love Clarkson! If I had the money I'd definitely go...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I'm torn between liking the guy who's very obviously passionate about cars and engineering ( Anyone see the bit the did about Brunel on BBC ?? ) and hating the idiot who'd say anything just to be controversial in order to get a sound bite. But the hack in this column behaves inexcusably in my opinion.
    I thought as a modern Ireland we'd moved on from this kinda bullsh*t.

RobAMerc wrote: »
    I'm torn between liking the guy who's very obviously passionate about cars and engineering ( Anyone see the bit the did about Brunel on BBC ?? ) and hating the idiot who'd say anything just to be controversial in order to get a sound bite.
    Agreed
    But the hack in this column behaves inexcusably in my opinion.
    So stop reading the indo.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

Anan1 wrote: »
    Or perhaps Clarkson just bores him? I love cars, and Clarkson live bores me. His articles can be good, but on the screen I find him snore-inducing.

I agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Is the Irish Independent, Republican by any chance?:cool:

It's why I don't buy it any more, its a RAG in disguise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

+1

Between comments on tanks on O'Connell bridge to the general tone of the article, the Indo never ceases to depress me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

I like Clarkson. He speaks with words or realism for the oppressed motorist, which is what the Indo doesn't do. Anyway, why can't we drive tanks across O'Connel Bridge? Bring on the revolution:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Anan1 wrote: »
    Agreed

So stop reading the indo.;)

I agree. I would like to see this show.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

mcwhirter wrote: »
    Is the Irish Independent, Republican by any chance?:cool:

It's why I don't buy it any more, its a RAG in disguise.
    Its in disguise? :eek:

Jason O'Brien does come across as an low calibre journalist but then again, he works for the Indo so we shouldn't hold any expectations!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Saw this yesterday, a terrible piece of journalism.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

It reads like an angry lesbian vegetarian wrote that after eating a **** sandwich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think he thinks he writes witty and astringent prose as found in the Guardian or similair, Poor chap.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I actively encourage Clarkson to drive a tank across O'Connell Bridge and up Talbot Street. He may then urinate on the vehicles of the staff of the Indo.

Now, that I would laugh at.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

Anyone got any info where could i get the tickets and how much would they cost?

Thanks!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Buffman

Yet another example of biased one sided 'journalism' which seems to be that 'papers' trademark. Top Gear is one of the best shows on tv, even with it's scripts and sometimes cringe worthy moments. This hack comes across as a tree hugger who has never even watched an episode.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

ART6 wrote: »
    I like Clarkson. He speaks with words or realism for the oppressed motorist, which is what the Indo doesn't do. Anyway, why can't we drive tanks across O'Connel Bridge? Bring on the revolution:D

Clarkson may be controversial, but he is constantly defending the motorist's and more specifically, the car enthusiast's, interests.

I like his wit and no bullsh!t approach, particularly on "Global Warming", speed cameras etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

People here were talking about a Boards get-together before.

Would this maybe be a good opportunity? A car-oriented event close to Dublin city centre. Other attractions nearby also if anyone wants to make a night of it? And a chance to share the experience with like-minded petrol-heads rather than dragging along an unwilling partner/friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Saw this yesterday, a terrible piece of journalism.
    :confused: I had to wait until this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

E92 wrote: »
    I like his wit and no bullsh!t approach, particularly on "Global Warming", speed cameras etc.
    It was great initially but he is becoming very predictable and boring in recent years flogging the same dead horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

The article does make one good point. 75 euros for a 75 minute show, that's a bit strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

I honestly think the journalist has never seen Top Gear!Otherwise,he would know what to expect!Clarkson is blunt,yet very funny.That is obvious and well known I would've thought!!

• Advertisement

Ah come on lads, some people love Clarkson, others think he's a plank. The journalist falls into the latter category. Live and let live, eh?

Advertisement