Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The End To Close

• 02-09-2008 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Another legendary club is to close it's doors for the last time, this is second big club in a year to close in London after Turnmills :confused:

http://www.endclub.com/goodbyebaby

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭francois

jonny68 wrote: »
    Another legendary club is to close it's doors for the last time, this is second big club in a year to close in London after Turnmills :confused:

http://www.endclub.com/goodbyebaby

That's a real shame-had some good nights in there, great sound system as well....sign of the times i suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

francois wrote: »
    That's a real shame-had some good nights in there, great sound system as well....sign of the times i suppose

Well there are a load of new clubs opening - matter in London, Binary in Liverpool, Spektrum in Manchester.

All of whom have put a big emphasis on the quality of their soundsystem etc.

Clubs close, other ones open. That's always been happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I'm gonna make a point of going to The End again before it closes, i may even try blag a ticket for the last ever nite there.

There are few clubs around that have been so consistent as The End has been over the last 10/15 years and it's a shame it's closing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Damn, that's a shame... Had a bloody great time in there last year with Erol Alkan rocking the **** out of the AKA bar and Mr. C and Laurent Garnier in the main room.
    Will definitely be going again for some of the closing parties, I'd say they'll have some unreal lineups in store!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Well they should of seen it coming with a name like that! KaBumTish!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Well they should of seen it coming with a name like that! KaBumTish!! :pac:

get your coat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

jtsuited wrote: »
    get your coat!
    They won't let me back into the cloakroom. Understandably so.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭drunkdaz

jtsuited wrote: »
    Well there are a load of new clubs opening - matter in London, Binary in Liverpool, Spektrum in Manchester.

All of whom have put a big emphasis on the quality of their soundsystem etc.

Clubs close, other ones open. That's always been happening.

I dunno, its been a very grim 12 months here in London clubbing wise. We've lost The Cross, Canvas, The Key, Turnmills and now the End. Talking with my mates about this we all agree we've virtually run out of options regarding where to go clubbing. You're really only left with Fabric, MoS (not really our scene) and Pacha if you want a major club. Its sad to see a city of 8 million loose its nightlife to yet more damn apartments.....
    What makes it harder to stomach is sh1te like Aquarium and Egg surviving!

Still I'll be heading down to the opening of Matter next weekend to check out Carl Cox. Bit of a trek though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Cray92

Went to London 2 years ago to see The Who in the royal Albert hall,great gig,then afterwards went to the end and had a ball,savage club brilliant music policy,great loss to london clubbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Delighted i seen this on facebook, me and the bird are staying in Birmingham for 3 days for Fantazia so ill definitely go this and head back the next morning to Birmingham and get my flight later that day, last chance ill get to go the legendary End and what an amazing line up.:)
    CLASS OF 88
    ACIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID
    Event InfoHost:
    CLASS OF 88
    Type:
    Party - Club Party
    Network:
    Global
    Time and PlaceStart Time:
    02 January 2009 at 22:00
    End Time:
    03 January 2009 at 07:00
    Street:
    16A WEST CENTRAL STREET WC1
    Town/City:
    London, United Kingdom

WWW.END CLUB .COM FOR TICKETS
    Description
    COME AND JOIN US AS WE GO WAY BACK INTO TIME ONCE AGAIN FOR CLASS OF 88 AT THE END,THIS IS MOST DEFINATELY NOT TO BE MISSED,ORIGINAL ACID HOUSE GROOVES,DETROIT TECHNO AND THE BEST VOCAL HOUSE TO GRACE OUR DANCEFLOORS OVER THE LAST 20 YEARS.
    DJS:MAIN ROOM-STICK.COLIN FAVOR,MRC AND EVIL EDDIE RICHARDS
    ROOOM 2-ROB ACTESON,RICHARD GREY,KID BATCHELOR AND FLOATING BETWEEN THE TWO WE WILL HAVE MC E-MIX

• Advertisement
Advertisement