Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PES2008 League 2008 (PS3 Online)

Options
  • 02-09-2008 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

Since the idea of the boards cup seems to be struggling to get numbers, I decided to create an online Boards.ie PES6 league for the PS3 on PESrankings.com. It's a league structure with 2 leg fixtures so hopefully will keep us occupied for a while and it might even be fun. While there's no emphasis on rushing the fixtures, I would add that if you commit to this to make sure you are going to finish it out because it just ends up ruining it for the rest of us.

So here's the story:

1. Register if you haven't already on http://www.pesrankings.com. This is where the league will be hosted. You can check fixtures, league standings and chat on this site, it's very accommodating.
    2. When we get enough players, I'll generate the fixture list (I would imagine 10-12 players would be enough, we'll see)
    3. Use this thread to set up a meeting time, meet in our event chat room (on the site) 5 minutes before the agreed time to swap PES ID's and get the game going. The winning player then enters the score on the event page.

Here are the league settings:

Platform: PS3 (Online)
    Teams: Club
    Duration: 10 Mins
    Type: 2 Leg Fixtures
    Player Condition: Random

Now hopefully there won't be conflicts since we're all upstanding citizens of the law but should this happen, get in contact with me and we'll try sort it out like men, men that built the Eiffel tower out of metal...and brawn.

Here is the event link: http://www.pesrankings.com/event/?id=20293
    The passwords is: 1Sd31ciC

Let me know here if you have signed up, when we think we have enough we'll get it started and the world will be a better place and we will find one true champion worthy of his title, or her title...nah. Spread the word!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Jaysus lads, anyone?

My new target is now 2 players... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i'll sign up when i get a chance

just havnt actually sat down at the PS3 in weeks

good man dions....something :D

ok i signed up

if anyone wants to play a game with me the best thing to do is catch my on MSN, if its after 7pm and im on msn, 9 times outta 10 im at home so should be able to play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I'd be on for signing up. It probably won't be till tomorrow evening or thursday though.

Sounds good though!!

• Advertisement

Nice one! Anyone else lads? There was a good few up for the other cup Sarge suggested, we will still go ahead with that I'm sure but I feel it could be a while before we get the numbers required. This would be a nice stop-gap to get things going and meet some players, maybe gauge who's the biggest threat on boards :)

What are the rules

Any clubs that cant be selected?
    What about conflicting choices?

Yes any clubs, I reckon we select our clubs as we sign up, conflicting choices essentially don't affect the game so it shoudn't be a problem, what to you reckon?

Dion, I added you on MSN just incase you're wondering who the wierdo is :D

thats grand, if im on msn in the evenings im generally at my laptop meaning im at home and could potentially be free for a game of pro evo, league or not

i only play people in ireland these days, im sick of people abusing the chat saying cheating this and lag cheat and stuff. how do these idiots not realise its laggy for both of us

anyway there seems to be far less lag against irish players so i prefer just having a decent online experience, enjoyable opponents

i dont know who to pick, i normally pick newcastle as im a fan, but recent events have me boycotting playing as newcastle and if dennis wise or gus poyet are the next manager im done with them.

so i need to pick a new team

I'd Probably take

Real Madrid
    Man United
    Valencia
    Roma

If anyone wants one of the bigger teams they can have them, im not bothered as long as i get 1 of those 4

We're allowing multiple teams though right? So there could be more than one person having Newcastle (strange thought!) I'll probably go with ManU although I started trying Barcelona online and seems to be doing better.

Yeah I know what you mean about the lag, was playing last night, very laggy game and this italian guy says "everything ok for you" or something and i said "no, bad connection" and then all he says is "f**k you". I went on to beat him 2-0 but he disconnects in the 89th minute, something else I don't understand. Somebody goes 3-0 down and they automatically quit! its a pain in the ass!

I'm usually free most evenings but don't really use msn, if you want to add my PS3 so I can see you're online, the psn ID is "wildoaks".

• Advertisement

Cool well i'll probably play with Roma or Real Madrid so

i hate those people too, i dont see how they dont realise that you are just playing the game too, and they have all these things programming into their chat, meaning they rely on them to make them sound better than they are

sad

well im an msn junkie unfortunately and im normally prompted by other for a game on the laptop before i turn the ps3 on, i find the PS3's interactivity to be slow and unusable, no proper chatting really and very tough to actually get a game going through it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

i'll play if there is still room, i'll sign up now and should be on tonight after 10pm for a game if anyones available :)

Holy crap Pes, there's room for small country still!...thats 4 confirmed plus my mate said he'd join up...welcome! :D

I'll keep track of people that have signed up,their pro evo ID's & team on the first post, whats yours pesireland and what club?

EDIT: Can't edit my first post and the first few after that, but can edit my last few, is there some sort of expiry time where you can no longer edit posts? Would have been nice to be able to keep track of everyone signed up on the first post :(

jebuz wrote: »
    Holy crap Pes, there's room for small country still!...thats 4 confirmed plus my mate said he'd join up...welcome! :D

I'll keep track of people that have signed up,their pro evo ID's & team on the first post, whats yours pesireland and what club?

EDIT: Can't edit my first post and the first few after that, but can edit my last few, is there some sort of expiry time where you can no longer edit posts? Would have been nice to be able to keep track of everyone signed up on the first post :(

psn: lpoolfan
    Team: Juventus or Roma (wanna try someone different for a change and go all Trappatoni :D)

am i allowed to pick them?

Also why it the thread called Pes6 surely it should be PES08 yeah as pes6 was not available on PS3 ;)

HaHa Spanked Nailz online the other night 4-1 and scored a belter of a free Kick :D

Course ya can, but which one is it to be ;)

and guesst what...I've got Trappatoni fever too! *pulls off shirt to reveal trap t-shirt*

jebuz wrote: »
    Course ya can, but which one is it to be ;)

and guesst what...I've got Trappatoni fever too! *pulls off shirt to reveal trap t-shirt*

i'll go Juventus then :cool:

anyone around for a friendly game, until we get more signed up??

Hopefully later on I'll get a chance, are u on MSN or Gmail chat?

Sh!t I just realised the PES6 thing in the title, I hope that wasn't putting people off, should be PES2008 I'll ask a mod to change it, or if a mod is reading this, could you change it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

You were jammy Trev, just admit it!!! :p Yeah I'm in the process of signing up now...

• Advertisement

Cheers nailz...You or anybody around for a game now?

Signed it;

PESRankings ID: MNUtd
    PSN ID: cournioni
    PES ID: Nailz

I have to be stubbern with me names!! :D

right im around tonight till 10ish

will play anyone who wants part in this league, at very least get one of each fixture out of the way and a few friendlies

i can be got on MSN

my user on boards <at> hotmail.com

good friendly with me and jebuz there, over turned a 2-1 half time scoreline to him to win 3-2

5 shots on target, 3 scored, thats how i roll

good game mate, i look forward to future battles

yeah yeah :rolleyes: nah was a cracker of a game, some nice football played. I've got a reserve tank of goals waiting for the league to start, don't you worry!

They still haven't changed the title of the thread, perhaps more would join if they knew it was PES2008 not PES6...my bad :o

ah well i might move out of second gear for the league so :D

i doubt the title is putting people off
    even the slightly curious will read the thread

Anyone around on PSN for about half 8ish?? Would be nice to drub to noses of my fellow boardsies in their own shìt while take revenge on my arch-nemisis, Trevor, for his utter jammyness last week!!

I think people should write match reports after games, it'll be nice to get the real picture of what went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

I have signed up too.

Ok so we have 5 people signed up at the moment, we'll hang out to get a few more names in and then get going hopefully!

currently signed up [boards username (pesrankings username)]

jebuz (conormccauley)
    dionsiseire (dionsis)
    pesireland (lpoolfan)
    nailz (MNUtd)
    tw0nk (tw0nk)

• Advertisement

sounds good

im ready to play a game on that whenever

Advertisement