Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PES2008 League 2008 (PS3 Online)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

nice one is this going??? should be on for a game tonight guys :D.

@ Nailz, ah mate your not in my class ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

I'm on for a few practice games later on, I need all the training I get in preperation for the league of the century* :)

*september

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

pesireland wrote: »
    nice one is this going??? should be on for a game tonight guys :D.

@ Nailz, ah mate your not in my class ;p
    No... but in the one above you. :p;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

jebuz wrote: »
    I'm on for a few practice games later on, I need all the training I get in preperation for the league of the century* :)

*september

I'll be on after the lpool match for a few :)
    Nailz wrote: »
    No... but in the one above you. :p;)

OMG that cavan air must have went straight to your head :D

Well you need fresh air you know!?! :p

Edit: I'll be in for a few after football training, which is in MEATH!!! The managers can fùck off!!

• Advertisement

Anybody around for a game this afternoon/evening?

Me.

Anyone else interested in this league? If we get one more player we'll go ahead and start...its for a good cause

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Anyone else interested in this league? If we get one more player we'll go ahead and start...its for a good cause

I'm your huckleberry :) . If I'm not too late?

not at all windmill, have you signed up on PesRankings.com yet?

If so, we're ready to rock and roll on this league, hopefully get it started asap :D

• Advertisement

not at all windmill, have you signed up on PesRankings.com yet?

If so, we're ready to rock and roll on this league, hopefully get it started asap :D

Nice 1 mate. I'll get signed up to the league tomorrow. PESrankings.com is firewalled on me in work

Good stuff, let us know when you're sorted, everyone else ready to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

i signed up there. psn and pes username: johnthegreatest. i might be able to get 1 or 2 more.

Thats me signed up now as well

Cheers lads, hey brian, any news on those other players? we have 7 now, that will make a decent league so might generate the fixtures later on today if nobody else joins.

Ok guys,

Since PES2009 is out soon and some of you may or may not be trading in your old PES2008...it's time to rumble!

Fixtures can be found here > http://www.pesrankings.com/event/fixtures/?id=20293

League Table can be viewed here > http://www.pesrankings.com/event/tables/?id=20293

Chat Room here > http://www.pesrankings.com/chat/?id=20293

So how is this going to work? I think we need a few rules to keep things running smoothly, well not rules, more guidelines :)

1. 7 players, we play each player twice (H&A), thats 12 games.
    2. 10 min games, club teams, player condition is GREEN (normal). I know it says random on the first post, but I think this is probably better, unless anyone disagrees? Also you don't need to select a particular club for each game, that could get messy, so any club any game. Also NO EXTRA TIME, NO PENALTIES.
    To make it a little more balanced - the following teams CANNOT be used - MAN UTD, CHELSEA, BARCELONA
    3. If you request a game here on this thread, you are the home team, if you respond to a request on the thread, you are the away team. Obviously you can't be home twice, so if you get a response from a player you have already played at home, you are now away - common sense should prevail here.
    4. Arrange a time to play, and meet at the chat room at that time.
    ** IF you arrange a game and do not show up, it is automatically a 3-0 victory for the opponent - we'll make 10 minutes the deadline - no exceptions unless you are dead or very seriously injured. If you have arranged a game and then find out you can't make it, then at least try give some notice to the other player that you can't make it - if both parties are happy, the game can then be rescheduled. **.
    The home player then requests the ID and invites the away player for the game and off you go. Home player enters the score on the fixtures page on the website.

Alternatively if you just log onto the chat at anytime and find a player there you haven't played yet, by all means have a game if you're both happy to go ahead, make sure to arrange who is home and away there and then.

So there we go that should do it, is there anything I've left out, or does anybody want to add anything before we get going?

To start it off, I should be free for a game this evening :D anybody up for a beating?

normal condition is best. the way you suggest organising to play wont work. the handiest way is just put your psn and pes id up here and add everyone as a friend. then when you see someone online play them twice and the winner submits the score. home and away isnt really important and can be agreed in the pes chat before kick off. my psn and pes is johnthegreatest.

Hey Brian, whatever works to get games played, I'm happy with! I presume you mean adding players on the PSN network, PES doesn't let you see if your friends are online or does it?

PSN: wildoaks
    PES: conormccauley

I'm up for a couple of games tonight if anyone wants to get this league off the ground?

I should be free for a bit Windmill, whats your PSN and PES ID's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i might be free friday for a game

will have to see how i go, ive to practice darts for a tournament

I should be free for a bit Windmill, whats your PSN and PES ID's?

PSN: WindmillWarrior
    PES: WW

I think thats right anyway!

Anytime after 8 is good for me

Some results tonight...

Jebuz 5 - 0 tw0nk
    Tw0nk 1 - 5 Jebuz

Jebuz 2 - 2 WindmillWarrior
    WindmillWarrior 0 - 4 Jebuz

Some results tonight...

Jebuz 2 - 2 WindmillWarrior
    WindmillWarrior 0 - 4 Jebuz

I get a 2-2 draw having 10 men for most of the game (cheers for the nice og btw :D), and then lose the 2nd game 4 feckin 0! My inconsistency takes some beating!

Again I should be on tonight sometime after 8 if anyone wants a game...

i will be on tomorrow after 7 if anyone wants a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Peadar_Rua

Is it too late to join the league lads??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i got rid of 08 and am now on 09

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ourlad

Will the league be played on PES 09 now that its out?

I'd like to join if it is, my PSN is Irishscouser.

Advertisement