Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

special train for all ireland website problems

• 02-09-2008 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

anyone else having difficulty getting the train tickets? first the website is 20 mins late making the tickets available, then the first train sells out in literally about 3 minutes, then the other 2 trains won't allow you book as it keeps giving you an error screen when you try to submit your order. AND of course the phone in the station is constantly engaged so they can't help you with your problem. according to ie, tickets for the train can only be bought online, some joke eh? only in ireland

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Well, its the all Ireland. That kind of problem is bound to happen with the flood of requests the website will get and also the phones - it would cost an absolute fortune to invest in better hosting services just for today :).

There is at least 3 special trains, and I think only 1 of them is going to Kilkenny. Just keep trying I suppose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

there'll be loads of buses going up too sure. not as comfy as the train but they'll still take about the same length of time to get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Does anyone know if you can reserve a seat or is everyone packed in on the trains?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

My head is wrecked after trying & trying & trying on Irish rail site yesterday......but I got what I wanted in the end so all is well for Croker:D

Up the Déise.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I see according to the above link, there are still tickets available on these special trains, I would have thought they would have been sold out by now

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

deisemum wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can reserve a seat or is everyone packed in on the trains?

Usually packed in on the trains. Technically, you can reserve a seat (your given one when you book online) but I have never actually seen this in practise or asking someone to stand because there "in your place" ;)

There are 2 trains from each city sold - maybe the demand isn't there simply because tickets were not available? Id imagine its close to selling out though.

Advertisement