Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overly-confident girls...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

There's a girl in the film "American Beauty" that seems similar to the one that you are having an issue with. She too is pretty, blond, and puts everyone down, but it backfires on her later in the film. Maybe the four of you could see the DVD sometime? Might make for interesting conversation after the film?
    some of your suggestions are comedy gold

Anyway, if there is ever anyone who bitches too much in a group, I just tell them, after they made a snide comment, if they're going to act like a cow don't do it behind someone's back. If it happens to be in front of people they'll usually shut up for a while at least. It will also make others less receptible to her catty comments.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Sangre wrote: »
    some of your suggestions are comedy gold
    Takes a bow, loses balance, falls on face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭greenapplesea

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Out of pure nosy interest, where is his 'Home County'?

I'd prefer not to say, just in case!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Well at least we know one thing, even if people found her to look like a slapped arse she'd still be her own biggest fan. Sorry but she sounds like a dope and a petty insecure one at that and she has no business telling you subtley how to "improve" yourself. You can't be going far wrong with male attention with a boyfriend on your arm now can you?

The silly cow.

One of my closest friends is like that but I think it's sad the only thing that concerns her is how much better she looks because she's in fashion or got highlights done. More to life girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kotick

I wouldn't do anything she suggests. Chances are, it'll make you look less attractive and make her shine more. Sounds like she's jealous of your looks.

Reminds me of a friend I had in 6th grade. So obviously this girl is immature and annoying to be around. Time to man up and put her in her place. Who says you two have to be friends anyway? ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement