Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 Mobile Broadband New price plans??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

But under the terms of the 30 day happiness guarantee (now valid until 31st March 2009), if you return it before the 30 days are up you get your money back

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

make sure and email them to register a formal complaint. that's the only way you can make change happen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Anyone else think the new broadband prices are pretty poor...why the increace in price and the lowering of usage allowence....seems like a bad move:confused:

5gb is now €30pm if you don't want an 18 month contract...

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Explore+Services/Services/O2+Broadband/Buy+Broadband+now/?wcmArea=/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Explore+Services/Services/O2+Broadband/Buy+Broadband+now//wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Explore+Services/Services/O2+Broadband/Broadband+Pricing

thats with 30 days notice to quit, that isnt bad in my opinion

18 month and longer contracts are becoming the standard elsewhere o2 ireland are going to follow what their uk cousins do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

What's the quality of the connection with O2 compared to 3 Data Modem?

I believe the E270 Modem is better, faster than the E220, correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I like the new O2 Clear Broadband plans. They give the customer more choice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I'm with O2 now, having been with the awful awful Three. It can have slow spells at peak times but not for the whole evening. At peak times it might not be perfect for YouTube (usable but expect stopping and starting) but for ordinary web browsing it's grand. As I type this, I'm listening to Planet Rock which is a digital radio station in the UK. Again, there can be occasional pauses while it buffers but nothing to get upset about. There's no way I could have done these with 3.

I got the E270 modem when I switched and yes, it is a faster modem. It's also capable of picking up next generation signals. It also has the added bonus of not having that horrible green 3 emblazoned on the front of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Nuttzz wrote: »
    18 month and longer contracts are becoming the standard elsewhere o2 ireland are going to follow what their uk cousins do

Cant wait to see all the new phone tariffs, starting with iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Ronin2009

are there new tariffs planned for the iphone soon?

Students, check this out (not for iphone, sorry)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055370436

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Dublingirl23

I got the e270 modem last week, only new with o2 and it is ok. My speeds arent fantastic, but I did report that and they said something about a new mast going up in my area ???

Also, does anyone have any idea how to set the Wii and xbox 360 up on the e270 modem? Or are they just not compatible?

• Advertisement

Also, does anyone have any idea how to set the Wii and xbox 360 up on the e270 modem? Or are they just not compatible?

It won't work if you plug it in directly. You might be able to use the browser and arcade/virtual-console by getting a 3G Wifi router but playing online games will be near impossible.

A recent 3G Wifi router thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055361790

• Registered Users Posts: 6 johayes999

Anyone around Macroom / Coachford experiending problems with O2 3g?? Since last sunday I have lost 3g both on mobile broadband and on phone. O2 tell me there is no network problem....:mad:

Advertisement