Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N52 Tullamore Bypass

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Seems to be very popular - judging by the tyre marks on the road 'Doughnuts' are a regular event!!

Doesn't take long for the boy racers to find somewhere to do some "doughnuts"! now theres an accident waiting to happen!:mad::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭medoc

Visited Tullamore last weekend. Drove from Kilbeggan direction late Friday night - the turn off for Tullamore via Durrow was lethal!! No roundabout - no street lighting at the junction and its a sharp right turn. They've done the same at the opposite end too - turning off the Birr road for Mucklagh. Total madness at night - if you're sitting in the middle of the road waiting to turn right and a car coming towards you is overtaking another car they won't see you in time!

There should be no need for a roundabout at these locations especially the Arden junction as most Tullamore bound traffic should stay on the bypass and use the Tinnycross roundabout. Lights should be installed at these locations straight away, it was crazy not to have done so during construction.

I dont think a roundabout should have been put on the Kinnitty road. A well lit T junction with left turn island would have been fine for the traffic levels.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

I'd always prefer roundabouts to lights; much quicker unless the traffic is very heavy. Even then they still usually work better, depending on the relative flows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Wild Bill wrote: »
    I'd always prefer roundabouts to lights; much quicker unless the traffic is very heavy. Even then they still usually work better, depending on the relative flows.

Its possible to put sensors and proper traffic flow management onto traffic lights.

Its just in Ireland we seem to have no interest in that for some magical reason only elves know.

Wild Bill wrote: »

Sorry I didnt actually mean traffic lights I meant that the Kinnitty road would have such low traffic that a simple T junction with a left turn island painted on the road would be ok. The lights I was referring to were street lights unlike the Arden junction which has none

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

I stil cant belive there are no lights at the ardan junction. imagine the impact a crash at 100kph will have when it happens... not if... because its so dark at night and there is so little warning of the turn that its unbelievable....i think representations to the local td are in order!!

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

I stil cant belive there are no lights at the ardan junction. imagine the impact a crash at 100kph will have when it happens... not if... because its so dark at night and there is so little warning of the turn that its unbelievable....i think representations to the local td are in order!!

Start lobbying the councillors etc! it is very dark indeed... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

That is fairly bad alright. I use that nearly everyday and at night i got it hard to judge for a while. As medoc said there no need for roundabout here, it would slow everything up. Not much but some. A good light would do. Maybe the money ran out gettin Cowen to open it:)
    Havn been able to reply to this last 2 days, herself had a baby girl yesterday mornin:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

offaly1 wrote: »
    Start lobbying the councillors etc! it is very dark indeed... :eek:

Your at nothin offaly1, no elections comin up. You'd be as far on puttin a torch on a stick there yourself:)

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Havn been able to reply to this last 2 days, herself had a baby girl yesterday mornin:)

Congratulations. You mightn't have as much free time to hang around Boards any more.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement