Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GARMIN FORERUNNER 305

• 02-09-2008 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

Does anybody own one of these units ? If so, Do you find it useful and has it helped you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

480905 wrote: »
    Does anybody own one of these units ? If so, Do you find it useful and has it helped you?
    I own a Forerunner 405 and think it is one of my best 'techie' purchases for years, but obviously only for sports purposes (in my case running). It has no application as a general GPS receiver, as it does not support maps (though it does have a compass tracking feature). Do a search on the Athletics and Marathon/Triathlon forums and you'll find out more, or ask any specific questions here, and I'll do my best to answer them.

I have also used it for geo-tagging, and following pre-existing tracks, but as mentioned, it is not a general purpose GPS receiver.

The 305 should be a lot cheaper than the 405 (particularly on eBay), but is a little bulkier, but has some additional functionality (I believe the 305 can show you the layout of an existing track). You should be able to pick up a 405 for around 270 euro, with a heart rate monitor. The 305 should be significantly cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

HI
    Found a poster on that thread. Hopefully he/she can point me in the right direction. Its an amazing piece of kit . It takes a techophobe like me a bit longer to figure out though......only getting to grips with this bloody Computer . Hopefully I can pick your brains if it doesn't work out??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

There are lots of 305 users on both those forums.
    Here's the threads on the marathon/tri forum
    and the Athletics forum.

By all means pick my brains. The two devices are very similar in terms of functionality, they differ mostly in aesthetics (looks) and how they communicate (wired/wireless). Oh and price.

Advertisement