Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta 4.1 patch notes

Options
  • 02-09-2008 6:14pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Before anyone wonders, these are allowed to posted publically according Magnus K/Imaad from GOA.

Requiel from GOA has now said this was a screw up and can't be published. So forget what you saw.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

thanks for this, although the majority of it means nothing to me ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Without knowing the game too well, do those debuff's from getting resurrected apply in RvR as well? Can res spells be cast in combat? And if so, is that not a bit ****?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Kiith wrote: »
    Without knowing the game too well, do those debuff's from getting resurrected apply in RvR as well? Can res spells be cast in combat? And if so, is that not a bit ****?

Yes, yes and yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Epic change log. Look forward to testing the Magus changes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

lol what a screw up

• Advertisement

And there was me thinking "why the fck am I reading all of this?"
    lol

Man, I hyped up to the eyes atm.. this aint good :/

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Spear wrote: »
    Before anyone wonders, these are allowed to posted publically according Magnus K/Imaad from GOA.

Requiel from GOA has now said this was a screw up and can't be published. So forget what you saw.

I'm curious as to why you deleted it (assuming you posted the notes)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

rev: Lets not post these until it the situation is resolved.

1234567 :Okie doke.

Maximilian wrote: »

Requiel on the Warhammer forums (who is a moderator/admin there) removed it after posting it because he was told to do so. Patch notes were just for the beta players to keep informed but it spread around rapidly and it turns out that the forums and stuff like that are still under the NDA

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

We were initially told we could post it publically and that it would be posted on the front of the war-europe.com site as well. About two and a half hours later GOA admitted they had been wrong and that it wasn't meant for the public to see. Mark Jacobs has since said they aren't final and that there'll be more done yet.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Ok but once they were posted they are in the public domain and it's fair game to post it. Any NDA does not bind anyone who hasn't actually signed it. Anyway, doesn't matter I'm just being lawyery, sorry about that :) Quick google search shows them anyway.

Ok but once they were posted they are in the public domain and it's fair game to post it. Any NDA does not bind anyone who hasn't actually signed it. Anyway, doesn't matter I'm just being lawyery, sorry about that :) Quick google search shows them anyway.

But I am bound by the NDA, a signature isn't needed for a binding contract, there's also contract by behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Google is your friend. :)

But I am bound by the NDA, a signature isn't needed for a binding contract, there's also contract by behaviour.

Not to be argumentative or anything but there's no such thing as a contract by behaviour and yes, a signature or some alternative form of acceptance is essential in any contract including a NDA.

The only reason I even mention it is that some people seem to think that if they post information freely available and that may be the subject of a NDA between third parties, the cops or going to show up or something, which is nonsense. The only person who is really in trouble is the person that broke the NDA in the frst place by disclosing the information. After that the damage is done.

Not to be argumentative or anything but there's no such thing as a contract by behaviour and yes, a signature or some alternative form of acceptance is essential in any contract including a NDA.

Implied by the acts of the parties then or whatever the phrase is. Either way it wouldn't do good to piss off GOA since they're here in Ireland and the law hasn't been too protective of boards.ie in the past.

Implied by the acts of the parties then or whatever the phrase is. Either way it wouldn't do good to piss off GOA since they're here in Ireland and the law hasn't been too protective of boards.ie in the past.

I understand you mean mean now but my point is there is no law stopping anyone posting what's already out there. Apart from the NDA being lifted as far as the closed beta goes, the genie is out of the bottle as it were as far as those notes go, so its ok to re-post them. If GOA shouldn't have posted them up, then that's entirely their problem and nobody else's. Anyway, there's something funny about arguing the finer points of contract law on a Warhammer forum ;)

Advertisement