Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Vista Wireless Acer

• 02-09-2008 6:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

My sister has a new, 1 week old, Acer Aspire 5315-2326. The wireless card was working fine up until today. For some reason it stopped working. I'm fairly new to Vista. I thought that I would be able to right click and repair like on XP. Unfortunately it has slightly changed.

I am presented with two options Switch Profile and Open Acer eNet Management main window. When I open the second option I am then presented with 2 imformation screens. One for the Wireless Lan and one for the wired lan. The Wireless lan simply says disconnected and that there is 0 Wi-Fi Networks in Range.

On the bottom of the screen there is an option for settings. When I Click on settings-> Network there are 3 'Settings' buttons. However when I click on the one for Wireless Network Card nothing happens. No settings box pops up.

HAs anyone encountered a problem like this? If so I would Greatly appreciate their help.

God Bless
    Pierce

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Some Screen Shots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Here Is there a function button to turn back on the wifi card, fn and f2 I think. Look for the wifi symbol above one of the keys,

Thanks PMT

I tried that and all I got was the attached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'm sure that its You need to turn on the wifi card, look for a wireless symbol over one of the keys and press fn with it. Also check control panel --> network and internet--> network and sharing centre --> click manage network connections --> make sure your wireless isn't disabled

Thanks PogMoThoin.

It worked fine today so didn't need to use that information. It will be handy for the future though.

Thanks Again

God Bless you
    Pierce

• Advertisement
Advertisement