Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Thread Mark V - PLEASE Read the rules first.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

spav wrote: »
    That's really cool. I'm sure those more skilled than myself could point our a few technical areas for improvement (such as the slight grain in the sky), but I think the overall effect looks fantastic. I also like the way you've recorded all that movement against the static Stop sign. Very cool.

Is the star-like effect on the lights just a result of long exposure, or are those altered in Photoshop?

A mix of both really, usually I would take down the lighting afterwards but in this case I liked it and decided to bump it a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭spav

A mix of both really, usually I would take down the lighting afterwards but in this case I liked it and decided to bump it a bit.

Looks great anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

thanks alot spav

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Photographed The Blizzards in Waterford last week:

2865444050_8c0576bacd.jpg

2865442328_2125ea2885.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

I can't stand the Blizzards but those are really nice shots!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭decimal

Another one from NY

2866983603_cb09f873b5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

decimal wrote: »
    Another one from NY
    Marvellous shot, looks like something out of independence day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Chochese wrote: »
    Photographed The Blizzards in Waterford last week:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trevx0rz/2865444050/

love this one great shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

2888328896_c8dd701ef5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

decimal wrote: »
    Looks like the movie independence day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

The Liffey in Straffan today
    IMG_2596_7_8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Borderfox wrote: »
    The Liffey in Straffan today
    Nice borderfox.Is that in the K Club?Drove past a great area in there on Sunday with a weir.Will have to go back there with the camera soon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭nilhg

Foggy here this morning too

2886699377_152a35e05c.jpg

Yeah thats the one at the bridge, handy for taking pictures too. Would be really nice on a misty morning..

Yeah thats the one at the bridge, handy for taking pictures too. Would be really nice on a misty morning..

Was driving over that make-shift bridge one foggy night. The lamp over the stone bridge to the left in the fog makes it look really eerie,would be a great b&w i think

Can you get to the rickitty bridge from the golf course turn off? is it public?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭labbad

I like this one
    2888612196_4bfefb6929_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭mobileblog

2888624478_9d72b5c1fe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

Where were these taken Linda? I recognise that fox! I've seen him around Ringsend Park the odd time...

Took them in George Renolds Flats...Looks like he's a new feature, hanging around the ferrell cats for a meal.:o

Can you get to the rickitty bridge from the golf course turn off? is it public?

hmm,the rickitty bridge as in the one with the wooden planks and the green metal cover? If its that one then you go through the main entrance then take the immediate left down a road with trees on each side (more photo fodder on a sunny day).Through that then you can see the rickitty bridge.not entirely sure how public it is,i'm sure you could blag it though.If you went over the bridge then you would end up by the private houses and on the way to the club house i think.not too sure of any other bridges on the grounds though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭YogiBear

906F2814AF2D4A55AAD0BDA8920CB658-500.jpg

(I noted the smudges on the lens after I uploaded photo).

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭PJW

mobileblog wrote: »

@ mobileblog, some really nice photos on your Flicker....re: NYC what exposure lenght did you use, also would you care to give a brief account of the PP too?

first time posting here so fingers crossed it uploads ok.Please tell me if the size is too big for this thread.

2888009367_213c28d5dd_b.jpg

Got this guy sunbathing in the rare good weather the other day

No pic daddylonglegs
    This has happened to me...:rolleyes: make sure ur posted pictures are saved on your pc, after posting them or they will dissapear!!!!

try again.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Sort of a self portrait. I used a monkey to hit the cable release. Not perfect by any means with the horizon being way off. Just wanted to try out my new 80-200 2.8!

petesmithgrind.jpg

l pearse wrote: »
    No pic daddylonglegs
    This has happened to me...:rolleyes: make sure ur posted pictures are saved on your pc, after posting them or they will dissapear!!!!

try again.:)

think that might be it.I understand its coming up quite dark on some monitors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

2600499320_2af96c7e17.jpg

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

From the Irish Hot air Balloon Championships taking place in Waterford this week.

2888903947_f1af7cd29d_o.jpg

Mike

Paddylonglegs.

He looks a little intimidating,:cool: like he's about to leap right at the camera... very nice capture.

l would crop the top right out, down to the stone.:)

Heres one l shot in Glendalough. Fast little buggers :mad:

2853868297_2d2c503155.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

A noisy one!

2889719220_bed1ca8110.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement