Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever use your bin?

Options
  • 02-09-2008 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

We live in a Duplex, and when my husband went to put something in the bin a couple of days ago there was a bag in there that was not ours.

I know the people across from us do not have bins, and have not seen them putting bags out either. To be honest I have also seen them sitting in their car and throwing litter out the windows so it is not as if they really care about things like that.

What would you suggest??

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Can you lock your bin? or make a hole in lid, and hole in bin and put a bike chain thru it?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

it's possible to get a lock like a gas meter door lock for a wheelie bin. Don't know where though sorry. Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

you can get gravity locks for wheelie bins - ie the lid will open when the bin lorry turns the bin upsidedown, otherwise you need the key. Woodies might sell them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

The fact that people would do this utterly disgusts me. As does people throwing litter out of a window. I'd be tempted to set up a camera and confront the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

are you sure you're not sharing with the people in the apt below you?
    i'm in the court and as far as i know we are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

we also had that problem for ages in our courtyard...same people doing it a different bin each night often v late until we all copped it.we called the illegal dumping hotline and they came out and went through the bag but all the sources of identity were cut off envelopes, etc! What an effort for a few bob! Call the illegal dumping hotline....but you will have to keep calling them and they will have to prove it with something in the bin for them to fine them.... good luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 AntKing

Well how about this for a laugh . . . when wheeling my recycle bin back up the drive after collection, noticed polystyrene beads (should be banned along with plastic beads for injection moulding) all over the place. Unsure whether it was Greenstar themselves or an intellectually challenged/inconsiderate neighbour, but some eejit had poured half a black bag worth of polystyrene beads into my recycle bin!

Took me about half an hour trying to clean the thing out while trying to limit the quantity that blew out of it, only to filter their way through our water systems and into the sea to float around for the next 1000 years!

Have to say though, Greenstar are often very careless when removing waste, and often allow any waste that doesn't tip directly into the truck to blow around the estate. Have complained to them, but wasn't even acknowledged as received.

Advertisement