Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

orientation week

• 02-09-2008 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

well i got the info today, i'm doing computer applications.

there is nothing on the first day and just colelcting student cards on the tuesday. So I am not to bother coming on monday and I have to go in on tuesday just for a card? What am I going to do for the rest of the day?

Anyone who did computer applications last year know what will be going on for the rest of the time?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Get the card then go home or have a look around campus etc. Try chat some people up in the queue as your collecting your card. I mean you always meet the best women in queues. Supermarket queues, queues into clubs/pubs, queues at the bar waiting to be served. Even after you got your card just rejoin the queue and start over. Most people will be all chatty and excited to be into college so exploited it, get some numbers etc.

I see your from offaly (*googles image to find out where that is). Yeah thats a far distance to commute if your just picking up your ID. Just turn up on wednesday say there was a miscommunication and they'll just proccess you there and then. The id collection schedule is a metaphor meaning "just swing by whenever you like and we'll hook you up".

All the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

If your staying on campus for 1st year, go up on the sunday afternoon, the sunday and monday nights are brilliant, rooms full of people who know nobody else are quite a cool place to be, despite what you may be inclined to think,

dont spend a discretionary minute away from DCU during the whole orientation week, its truly an amazing week.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

So basically even if your orientation doesn't start till wednesday, it'll be cool staying up the mon & tues anyway? Yay :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

jennyq wrote: »
    So basically even if your orientation doesn't start till wednesday, it'll be cool staying up the mon & tues anyway? Yay :)

Yeah I'm in the same boat as you jenny. I've got nothing on that week until Wednesday too but I'm still gonna head up sometime on Sunday just to get used to it all.

thats the spirit, nobody has anything to do until the wednesday, just have a good time and break the ice with as many people as you can in the preceeding days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

^ excellent, I'm not the only person from...near, here :P haha

just hope I get on with whoever I'm sharin the apartment with xD

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

i got digs so i guess i can stay up their the whole week if i want.
    Just nervous about being their early and well having no place to go to or nothing to do :o

well you can crash in someone's apartment till 12 at night!!
    Where you staying, far from campus?

great to see a leitrim person up there in DCU, also a rarity.......

wooo /o/
    sarcasm? :P
    so are you finished, or still in dcu?

• Advertisement

just headin into 2nd year, moving across that hug divide from larkfield to hampstead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

if you're not in til the wednesday get up there and just take a seat in the bar. you are GUARANTEED to make new friends! I'd give anything to be back in first year...

siobhanoh wrote: »
    if you're not in til the wednesday get up there and just take a seat in the bar. you are GUARANTEED to make new friends! I'd give anything to be back in first year...
    "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Katniss everMean

c0rk3r wrote: »
    I see your from offaly (*googles image to find out where that is). Yeah thats a far distance to commute if your just picking up your ID. Just turn up on wednesday say there was a miscommunication and they'll just proccess you there and then. The id collection schedule is a metaphor meaning "just swing by whenever you like and we'll hook you up".

All the best

I missed mine and had to go back on the Friday there strict about it now :p

dont spend a discretionary minute away from DCU during the whole orientation week, its truly an amazing week.......
    The words of a man on the prowl for first year meat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

On the orientation timetable my talks and stuff don't start for my course until the Wednesday. Is this right? I'm paranoid I'll miss my first day or something!

Also even though I'm not suppose to be in till the Wed any chance I could pick up my student card before then even though I've been allocated a different time?

Ya don't really need a student card for a while...If you are living on res, they give you temporary cards with, I think, a two week charge on them so when you get your student card, they will put your details on to it...

I was underage and got into the bar at the start of the year by one day saying that I wouldn't get my student card until the end of the week...they sort of just let me in after that and they got very tight but then near the end of the year, they sort of weren't there til after about 8ish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Paddy-Megans-Lo

So even if you have not got orientation like classes till the wednesday, you can still come to the nights out on the monday and tuesday in the bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Landa2

That might be an interesting one depending on how trispace (the holders of the bar licence) run the place for the first week, when college does start they are very specific about everyone in the bar having bar membership. while there is no way to prove this until you have your student cards... so i guess we'll see what happens on the week.

Yep...so long as your 18...

• Advertisement

So even if you have not got orientation like classes till the wednesday, you can still come to the nights out on the monday and tuesday in the bar?
    if youve gotten yourself accommodation for the week, then go up the sunday or monday - trust me, those are the nights you will enjoy most!

Advertisement