Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wi Fi Amp?

• 02-09-2008 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

I've been looking at various "music servers" and I haven't come across any that don't seem vastly over-priced (and over-specced). I don't need one with a hard disk and I'd rather not use system-specific components.

Basically, with my pc acting as a music server, I'd like to be able to select songs, etc. from another room and listen to them on the 'stereo' in that room (ie. not the room with the pc).

I now *think* what I'm looking for is just an amp that has wi fi capability (to link to the 'server'). Ideally, if it was also possible to sit in a chair and select songs/albums via some kind of touchscreen, I think that would be excellent.
    The only way I can think to do that would be a portable tablet pc, but that might be overkill.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement