Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting to Dublin Airport

Options
  • 02-09-2008 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Howdo,

I will be commuting to and from Dublin airport for a new job. I am wondering what locations would suit. I would like somewhere relatively close to the city, Im thinking Drumcondra.

What would traffic be like heading out of the city, towards the airport in the mornings from the Drumcondra area? This would be around 7.30/8am.

Tia,

Jumpa

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Moved to City forum. You'll get better answers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

There are a lot of people who live around the santry area that work in the airport. Its a short commute to there and the city centre. Lot of bus routes along the way all served by bus lanes.

I go the opposite direction about 9am and traffic isint too bad, takes me about 25 to 35 min from top of santry to town at 8.45/9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

From Drumcondra you'll be going against the traffic in the morning. It's as easy a commute as you can get in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Thanks for the reply. Santry might be an idea also. Thats a pretty good time you make it intothe city, I thought it would be a lot longer.

From Drumcondra you'll be going against the traffic in the morning. It's as easy a commute as you can get in Dublin!

Thats what Im thinking. Any idea how long it would take? How about the return trip in the evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,393 ✭✭✭✭Victor

www.mkmap.com/dublin

Navigate to the airport and click on all the routes and zoom out and you can seee where all the routes go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The new areas around Finglas would be pretty handy I reckon. i don't know what the traffic would be like, but it's pretty close so shouldn't take too long.

Charlestown/Meakstown areas are quite new, not sure what they are like though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I will be commuting to and from Dublin airport
    Public transport or private?

Public transport or private?

Either. I drive but open to using a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

If you stayed close to the Swords Road/Drumcondra Road you'd be sorted bus wise. A lot of airport staff live in the new Northwood development (beside Santry Stadium).

Actually, Santry, Whitehall, Larkhill and some parts of Beaumont would be good. IMO anywhere around Griffith Ave would be dead on equidistant between town and airport.

• Advertisement

Either. I drive but open to using a bus.
    The reason I asked is that driving out of Dublin towards the Airport in the morning will be much quicker by car. ;) (and probably returning in the evening but depending on time).

connundrum wrote: »
    A lot of airport staff live in the new Northwood development (beside Santry Stadium)
    .....and within easy cycling distance of the airport!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Thats what Im thinking. Any idea how long it would take? How about the return trip in the evening?

With luck you should do Drumcondra to the airport in 10 mins or less before 8 am (depending on which end of Drumcondra obviously). Might take slightly longer coming home depending on the time but not too painful.

As a place to live Drumcondra has just about everything on your doorstep and is very handy for town.

All, thanks for the replies. Just what I was after, I hope ye know your stuff!

Its looking like Drumcondra for me so. Now begins the torture of finding a place!

Advertisement