Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Was it out of order to have beeped and laughed?

Options
  • 02-09-2008 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

I was on robin hood road (from ballymount ind est)waiting behind about 5 cars to turn right onto Longmile road. When a new audi a4 came speeding past everyone on the left to undertake. Unlucky for him he hit the kerb with his nearside tyre and it blew. He pulled in but as I passed I could not resist the urge to beep the horn and laugh.
    Should I have stopped and helped the poor helpless driver or was I correct in larfing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

that was a very big mistake ... you should have been busy with your camera recording it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Karma caught up with him. Will it catch you too? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I just wish that happened more often. pointing and laghing is the right thing to do and should be in the rotr.

I see this kind of crap maybe 10 times a day and it doesmy head in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hard enough hit to burst a tyre probably cost him an alloy as well..:rolleyes:

I saw something similar recently - guy in front of me started driving erratically as he frantically tried to answer his phone. I backed off a bit - good thing too - he mounted the kerb and side swiped a bollard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I don't understand what he was doing that was so wrong that gave you the right to laugh - he was in the left lane going left no ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

RobAMerc wrote: »
    I don't understand what he was doing that was so wrong that gave you the right to laugh - he was in the left lane going left no ?
    I read it as he was going straight but there wasn't enough room to pass on the left.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

nope you fupped up big time OP. you should have stopped behind him , got out pretending to be a good samaritan took a load of pics for us all to enjoy and THEN pointed and laughed.

prob woulda been a good idea to beep as you drove just to rub it in :)

Do they sell car horns that go haw-haaw (ala Nelson Muntz...) :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

SteveC wrote: »
    Do they sell car horns that go haw-haaw (ala Nelson Muntz...) :D

actually yes :D:D with this device you could even have your horn have Nelson Muntzs voice :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

what really annoys me is when i'm drivin the truck and people keep tryin to cut in accross me comin upto a roundabout

miju wrote: »
    actually yes :D:D with this device you could even have your horn have Nelson Muntzs voice :P

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Thanks OP I was having a miserable night until I read that. Schadenfreude FTW.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

If it was the new 1.9 tdi Rs4 model (lol) you had all the more right to laugh. Great fun lol, karma works in wierd and wonderful ways:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

There was only one lane going right, he tried to squeeze in a small gap at the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Me neither, the OP hasn't given us enough info. Interesting how everyone else seems to know exactly what happened though, isn't it - guess we're just not as psychic as them, eh?;)

Anan1 wrote: »
    Me neither, the OP hasn't given us enough info. Interesting how everyone else seems to know exactly what happened though, isn't it - guess we're just not as psychic as them, eh?;)

I believe we're assuming he did something wrong, as for the reason the OP posted. And karma came along and kicked him where it hurts. I like the way new Audi driver is emphasised, brings some sort of a title with the brand lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

We re asuming thats what the OP means. In fairness it doest take a great mind to piece it together.

Great minds think alike Stekelly:D

I believe we're assuming he did something wrong, as for the reason the OP posted. And karma came along and kicked him where it hurts. I like the way new Audi driver is emphasised, brings some sort of a title with the brand lol.
    Stekelly wrote: »
    We re asuming thats what the OP means. In fairness it doest take a great mind to piece it together.
    Don't you think you two have been around for a little too long to be 'assuming' what we don't know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

I'll try to be more clear. At the junction from robin hood rd to the longmile road there is only one lane to turn right, the other is for left only which turns sharply to the left( so there is no mistaking it for anything but a left turn)and there is a triangle shaped kerb seperating the two. The audi driver tried to squeeze in at speed from the left only lane, which is very clearly marked and therefore wacked the kerb as there wasn't enough room.

mcwhirter wrote: »
    I'll try to be more clear. At the junction from robin hood rd to the longmile road there is only one lane to turn right, the other is for left only which turns sharply to the left( so there is no mistaking it for anything but a left turn)and there is a triangle shaped kerb seperating the two. The audi driver tried to squeeze in at speed from the left only lane, which is very clearly marked and therefore wacked the kerb as there wasn't enough room.
    Ah. Now i'm with you. I think a smile would be ok.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

SteveC wrote: »
    I saw something similar recently - guy in front of me started driving erratically as he frantically tried to answer his phone. I backed off a bit - good thing too - he mounted the kerb and side swiped a bollard.

Good enough for him, a car kit would have cost him less, than the repair to the car. I hate to see people driving while using a hand held mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

damn low-profile tires. they're weiners.

I've got 195/65 R15s on my car. The sidewalls are so high that should you ever get too close to the kerb when parking - you don't even kerb the alloys, you just rub the rubber a little!!

Hope the Audi driver learns to be more patient. I like a challenge myself when it comes to gaps and things - but I always go slow - and I know when I'm beaten. All that time he saved...

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

Stevec - I'm seeing a lot of this these days, not so much the hitting the kerb - but lately it seems there has been an explosion of cars meandering between lanes with mobiles in use. I often wonder why do they think its worth it - and as already said - why not use the hands-free function?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I think a lot of the time it's texting on the phone while driving that causes the really bad driving

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Admit if OP, you were driving the Audi and you are hoping someone will say that whoever honked at your was being irresponsible!

faceman wrote: »
    Admit if OP, you were driving the Audi and you are hoping someone will say that whoever honked at your was being irresponsible!

I'd have to disagree with that, because from what i gather from the OP's posts, the Audi driver was in the wrong, trying to skip traffic. Beeping and what not could of been a little harsh but he deserved what came to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ I read before posting. :D

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
Advertisement