Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please!

Options
  • 02-09-2008 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi. I want to move to the country,to another rented property ; and there is a phoneline in the house I like that eircom sayes I can't get broadband with. I am already with eircom and my test speed was Result: 1670kbps.(I hope thats the right figure as I'm a techno-phobe!).Anyway,was wondering what are my options? I do a form of trading online so work from home and need a good fast connection. I've been trying to find a rural rental propery for ages with broadband but haven't succeded. I don't want to run the risk of signing a lease for a year , getting satellite broadband or something and then finding out I can't work with it! Do ,I just stay put or have I options?Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 kudzRS

ur new house mite be too far from the exchange, generally any more than 5kms and u wont be getting much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

you should post rounds abouts where youre moving to( i.e. how from the nearest town and what town/village it is ) as someone close may be able to give info. Theres also a link to google maps somewhere on this site which lists all the exchanges and where they are around the country, sorry cant find it myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ramtha

Thanks.I found this earlier; http://mapviewer.broadband.gov.ie/ServiceByLocationSearchWF.aspx

and the address is coolbawn,nenagh in case anyone knows the area!
    There seems to be several providers but I don't know how dependable they may be.I'll make a few phone calls to them tommorrow and see what they say.

Advertisement