Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third boards.ie kit order

• 02-09-2008 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I'm going to start putting together another order. For the uninitiated, here's the procedure that's evolved over the last couple of orders:

We have a boards.ie cycling clothing design, which you can see here: http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Boards.ie_cycling_jersey. Details of the garments available, prices and size guide are available on the manufacturer's web site: http://www.fcarvalho-ciclismo.com/clo/index.php. Note that the prices exclude VAT and that there is a surcharge for orders of less than 10 of any item.

I will keep this post updated with the running total of items ordered and the status of the order.

To order, send me a PM listing the items, sizes and quantities you want. When we have sufficient orders, I will PM everyone giving my PayPal details and the amount owed. The amount will consist of the base price, VAT, shipping, PayPal surcharge and postage if you want the items posted to you. When I've received payment, I'll send off the order.

We'll organize where you can collect the stuff nearer the time, but it will certainly be somewhere in Dublin. If you live outside Dublin and want to have the kit posted to you, let me know when you place your order.

CURRENT ORDER QUANTITIES:

Bib shorts x 2
    Training jacket x 4
    Bib tights x 2

CURRENT ORDER STATUS:

Gathering orders

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭rogerb

We've had quite a few people finding that the gear they ordered didn't fit. Any ideas as to how we can minimize this? Maybe if people who did get stuff that fitted them send in their vital statistics along with the item / size they ordered, this would help? Even better, photos of people modeling their kit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Well, if anyone wants to buy my medium long sleeve jersey and medium short sleeve jersey (both completely unused cos they are too big. Only got 'em the other day). They are more than welcome. They can even try them on first :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

rogerb wrote: »
    We've had quite a few people finding that the gear they ordered didn't fit. Any ideas as to how we can minimize this? Maybe if people who did get stuff that fitted them send in their vital statistics along with the item / size they ordered, this would help? Even better, photos of people modeling their kit?

As in what manner, too large or small?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,993 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Raam wrote: »
    Well, if anyone wants to buy my medium long sleeve jersey and medium short sleeve jersey (both completely unused cos they are too big. Only got 'em the other day). They are more than welcome. They can even try them on first :)
    Sorry, I mean to get in touch to try these on- I'm in Sandyford during the day I'm afraid, will get in touch regarding where might work to meet?

blorg wrote: »
    Sorry, I mean to get in touch to try these on- I'm in Sandyford during the day I'm afraid, will get in touch regarding where might work to meet?

Blorg, apologies, I thought you had changed your mind, so I put them up again. Someone else has asked to take the long sleeve and we have agreed in principle. However, the short sleeve is still available if you would like to try it for size.

• Advertisement

Oh that is OK, don't worry about it- I was not 100% sure on the sizing as my large seem generally OK if a bit long and not exactly "competition fit" - I'll get in touch re the short sleeve but don't hold it for me, I am more likely to be larger in the winter months in any case :D

neilled wrote: »
    As in what manner, too large or small?

Both, that's why I thought it might help to collect some examples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Lilphich

I'll take the medium ss off your hands if it fits. That is if blorg doesn't want it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Does anyone have a photo they could throw up of the training jacket?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Does anyone have a training jacket already - what are they like. Are they water-proof, wind-proof and are they suitable for very cold weather ?

• Advertisement

I have only tried on the training jacket indoors so far but it seemed really pretty warm, indeed too warm for current temperatures. Tiny assures me that they are waterproof. I can stick up a photo this evening, just have to give it a bit of an iron...

Any one for arm warmers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

blorg wrote: »
    I can stick up a photo this evening, just have to give it a bit of an iron...
    Maybe leave out the custom triangular decals on this one :D...

Any one for arm warmers?

Count me in for a pair

If we have fewer than 10 orders for an item, I will PM everyone who ordered it asking if they're happy to go ahead even though it will cost more. We'll only go ahead with that item if everyone agrees.

Any one for arm warmers?
    Count me in for a pair

If you want to order something, could you send me a PM? It's a bit difficult to keep track otherwise ... Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

PM sent :)

Raam - i'm looking for armwarmers too, so that's 8 left to convince.
    anyone else interested in getting a cap?
    or dry storm shoe covers? wet out there yunno...

my 2c on sizing - i got two MED ss jerseys last time and they're a perfect fit on me but i tried kenmc's MED training jacket on (thanks dude) and have to say it would be very much on the snug side - so i've opted for the large jacket in this order. i don't know if carvalho have slightly changed their sizing or if it varies slightly across the range of products but i suggest that people choose carefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I have not received my short sleeve medium size jersey from the second round of orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

kincsem wrote: »
    I have not received my short sleeve medium size jersey from the second round of orders.

Have you called out to pick it up yet? :)

BTW here is the training jacket, I gave it a go on the cycle in this morning. It got wet but I did not. Has been drying off down in the shower room downstairs. I concur that it seems to be sized a bit smaller than the jerseys.

th_jacket_front.jpg th_jacket_rear.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I got the large short sleeve one and it is quite a tight fit compared to other large jerseys I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

I have a XS short sleeve jersey and a Small training jacket. both fit fine.
    So it would seem that you need to go one size up for the training jacket compared to the jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Have you called out to pick it up yet? :)

I'm not a mind reader. Called out where?

I sent a PM to penexprs and did not get a reply. I gave him my address, but have no contact / collection address, and no communication about collection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

kincsem wrote: »
    I'm not a mind reader. Called out where?

I sent a PM to penexprs and did not get a reply. I gave him my address, but have no contact / collection address, and no communication about collection.

Ah, fair enough mate... it was in the thread that announced that the stuff had arrived that I have it for distribution... pm sent with details!

If you want to order something, could you send me a PM? It's a bit difficult to keep track otherwise ... Thanks.

pm sent

Here is what we have to date:

Bib tights x 4
    Training jacket x 6
    Arm warmers x 2
    Cycling Cap x 1
    Drystorm shoe covers x 1
    Bib shorts (light weight) x 2
    Long-sleeve jersey full zip x 1
    Short-sleeve jersey full zip x 1

If there's anyone out there thinking of buying boards kit for the winter, now is the time to get your order in. Looks like we have a chance of getting the 5/10 item quota on the bib tights and training jackets. If you leave it until the next order, it'll probably cost you more!

I haven't had any more requests for a while, so I'm proposing a deadline for this order of Friday 19 September.

Here is what we have to date:

Bib tights x 4
    Training jacket x 6
    Arm warmers x 2
    Cycling Cap x 1
    Drystorm shoe covers x 1
    Bib shorts (light weight) x 2
    Long-sleeve jersey full zip x 1
    Short-sleeve jersey full zip x 1

If there's anyone out there thinking of buying boards kit for the winter, now is the time to get your order in. Looks like we have a chance of getting the 5/10 item quota on the bib tights and training jackets. If you leave it until the next order, it'll probably cost you more!

What are the shoe covers like, I presume that they are the same as overshoes. I am looking for a good pair for the winter so I would order these if the feedback was good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

Sorry - been lurking round this thread since it went up. I'm definitely interested as the prices seem very reasonable compared to the Dublin High Street and my existing gear won't cope with another winter. Could I ask a bit of advice though? I think I'm interested in the following:

Short leg bib shorts
    Training Jacket
    Cycling Cap

Here are my two questions though:

1. I can't seem to see a size chart for the shorts on the Fcarvalho site. Is it the same as for the tops?

2. The training jacket is described as windproof on the Fcarvalho site but someone - possibly blorg - described it as fairly much waterproof as well. Given that this is meant to be a winter jacket and that - you never know - it might rain at some stage in the next six months, should I be looking at the Drystorm Jacket instead? Also what does one generally wear beneath a training jacket? Long sleeve jersey? Long sleeve base layer top or just a t-shirt base layer?

Any experience, as always, is welcome.

• Advertisement

Sizing is tricky. Here is the wisdom of my experience...
    If you are skinny, get medium shorts and small summer jerseys.
    However, I went for a medium in the training jacket, it fits perfect.
    In the rain, I expect the jacket would fail after a prolonged downpour, but I have not verified this. You can counter this by taking a small raincoat to put over it.
    In the dead of winter, under the jacket I would wear a base layer or two.
    This is based on another training jacket I have.

Oh, never wear cotton t-shirts as they will make you very cold once they get wet from your sweat. Not very nice on the bike.

Advertisement