Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV

Options
  • 02-09-2008 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

Just wondering for on campus accommodation if you decide to bring a TV what channels do you get if any
    or is it a case of bringing bunny ears (or a coat hanger) to try and get the irish channels.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Bob.

i wish i knew, i have a television socket in my place, it didnt work, i went outside and went ahhhh, there was no ariel, but i think dublin has digital tv, so you can get one of those usb recievers for a tenner, and even if you use a clothes hanger, the reception should be very decent, since we're right beside RTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TheJeanGenie

Wait till you see the televisions they sell in Centra, hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Xhristy wrote: »

[Moscensor]BLEEEP![/Modcensor] for me...spent the last month watching scrubs:D

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

Mushy wrote: »
    sidereel.com for me...spent the last month watching scrubs:D

I love [Moscensor]BLEEEP![/Modcensor] :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Remember you've got WiFi in Res - plenty of stuff online, including RTE :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Bob.

and if your not on campus, theres plenty of people out there usin the old exploitable eircom routers....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Red Alert wrote: »

and TG4. TV3 is ****e anyway, so who cares? Online TV ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Red Alert wrote: »

Yeah, RTE online is actually pretty good. The couple of times I've watched football on it, the quality has been really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

muffinman wrote: »
    I love [Moscensor]BLEEEP![/Modcensor] :)
    Mushy wrote: »
    [Moscensor]BLEEEP![/Modcensor] for me...spent the last month watching scrubs:D
    Please do not discuss TorrentSites on here.
    It could get us in trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

Please do not discuss TorrentSites on here.
    It could get us in trouble.

the [Moscensor]BLEEEP![/Modcensor] site that I mentioned ain't no torrent site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

rofl, new here sunshine?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ianthefox

Torrent sites are completely legal.

Check out myp2p.eu is you're into sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

fight the p0w3h!

Grow. Up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

ianthefox wrote: »
    Torrent sites are completely legal.
    Torrents as a method of distributing digital content are legal.

Torrent sites are not necessarily legal.

Irrespective of the above points, boards maintains it's own policy on policing discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭spaczed

It depends on the residence you will be staying in AFAIK. I stayed in Roebuck two years ago and we got RTE1,2/TG4/TV3/BBC1,2/ITV and possibly C4.

That was via the installed cable. I think Glenomena have same, and I think you would need a 'bunny ears' for Belgrove, if I remember correctly. Not sure about Merville. Anyone else knows the answer to OPs question?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

in gleonomena I cant quite remember what we had, but I do remember Film4, BBC3, and E4 (I think) amongst others. There were no sky channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭shanegj

Thanks for the replies

I saw the little tvs in centra, wondering if there any good if anyone knows and do they have an aerial because i couldn't see one
    thanks again

Advertisement