Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can any1 clear dis up plz!!

Options
  • 02-09-2008 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Im repeatin my lc...just started 2day..little confused whether i ave 2 do al my subjects or not??? does my original leaving get cancelled r can i take sum results 4rm dat??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You need to redo English, and any subjects you failed. BUT, you can do them all again, to get better points. Depends on the school, usually, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

From what I understand, you cannot mix points from two years, so if you didn't get enough points, you need to do all the subjects again, but if you just missed a course because of one subject (matriculation), then you're allowed just repeat just that subject and take your points from the year before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

the_syco wrote: »
    You need to redo English, and any subjects you failed. BUT, you can do them all again, to get better points. Depends on the school, usually, though.
    You don't have to do english again if you passed it first time round.

By the way, what happens if you, somehow, did worse after repeating?
    Do you keep your first set of results?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

The Walsho wrote: »
    From what I understand, you cannot mix points from two years, so if you didn't get enough points, you need to do all the subjects again, but if you just missed a course because of one subject (matriculation), then you're allowed just repeat just that subject and take your points from the year before.

well you could drop one subject instead of doing all 7 as only 6 will be counted for points, once requirements have been met in that subject for the course you want.
    blue-army wrote: »
    You don't have to do english again if you passed it first time round.

By the way, what happens if you, somehow, did worse after repeating?
    Do you keep your first set of results?

+1

You do not have to repeat English if you passed it and the grade you got satisfies requirements. Requirements for a particular college or course can come from any sitting of the LC - except Medicine from this year - your points total can only come from one year of the LC, your best year. Normally people improve their points on a repeat year, but i did teach a girl a few years ago who repeated and did worse the second time round. In that case your best points tally stands, so for her, it was her first LC. It really shouldn't happen though unless you do absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

You need to not use text speak on this forum. Full words, please.

Otherwise, what the posters have been saying is basically it.

If you didn't get the points: You have to repeat 6 subjects/however many subjects, as you can only take points from one year, can't add them together.
    If you didn't say, get a B3 in maths that you needed: You just have to repeat that subject.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 XXELLEXX

Thanks for your replies.. is it possibe to drop irish and french as i am satisfied with those results from last year and take up an extra subject so i will still be sitting 6 exams? Like wud my french and irish results from last year get me into unniversity as they are usually required??but i do not need those two subjects for my points..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yep if your Irish and French are for matriculation and you got the required grades then you can do whatver subjects this year for points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Piste wrote: »
    Yep if your Irish and French are for matriculation and you got the required grades then you can do whatver subjects this year for points.

unless you want to do medicine :D

oh dear god i challenged a mod.....life ban for sure :Eek

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

If you have the subject requirements needed for next year they carry through.

NO TEXT SPEAK.More people will try and help you, if they can read what you wrote.

Thats great, thanks for all your help..:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

the_syco wrote: »
    You need to redo English
    You can say that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    You can say that again.

I was waiting for someone to pick up on that. Somebody always feels the fúcking need to do it.

Well done, I hope you're proud of your worthwhile contribution to the thread.

Stop bickering!

OP doesn't need to redo English.

Surprisingly typing on an internet forum and sitting the LC English exam are two very different things.

Constructive replies only.

Im doing english again anyway but im sure you dont have to do it if you passed it first time round..:)

Yeah if you got the basic minimum English requirement for your course (except medicine, THANK YOU Pathway33 ;) ) you don't have to repeat but if you feel you could get high points in it then it's a good idea.

Advertisement