Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lesnar versus Couture..it's official!

Options
  • 02-09-2008 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

From www.wrestlingobserver.com :
    Dana White just announced that on November 15th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas it will be UFC Heavyweight Champion Randy Couture vs. Brock Lesnar.

There's plenty of time to debate the fight but it looks like this could be a mega money fight.

It's great to see Randy return too.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Listening to the Press Conference:
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mma-frenzy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Seems a bit of a waste IMO. Couture's comeback fight was always going to be a massive draw and if Lesner loses then his record is 2-2 which is hardly awe inspiring. Definitely think they are blowing their load too early but having said that, it'll be great to see

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Seems a bit of a waste IMO.

No

The F4WOnline board has crashed due to E-buys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It's a title fight too. That'll piss off the MMA marks. Dana says it'll be the biggest UFC fight ever and I'd agree. I don't see how that can be a waste!

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote: »
    It's a title fight too. That'll piss off the MMA marks. Dana says it'll be the biggest UFC fight ever and I'd agree. I don't see how that can be a waste!

Agreed, the buzz on the internet is already CRAZY. Again the F4W board went down and it never does. The Heavyweight scene has totally changed with this announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Brock's going to f*ck him up. F-5 and it's over baby.

Or perhaps not. Either way it is a fight I'd definitely like to see. Imagine if Brock won it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Nice one, glad to have Setanta now.

Not surprised with the buzz about, few lads I know who wouldn't usually give a **** will most likely be round for it.

Brock is ****ing ANGRY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

it'll piss off us mma guys alright as Brocks record is only 1-1 and getting a title shot,also if he wins and if mir beats nog it'll mean he'll be fighting mir again for the undisputed belt which means outta his 3 fights in the ufc he could potentially face mir twice.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    Agreed, the buzz on the internet is already CRAZY. Again the F4W board went down and it never does.

That's wrestling fans. They were all out for Lesnar's first fight and that had a huge PPV buyrate with a load of people who'd never bought a UFC PPV before. I'm sure they'll be watching this one as well

It was mentioned in the Observer that the fight would have a lot of bets placed on it because both sides will be absolutely convinced that their guy will win. It'll be the same sort of thing with people buying the PPV. Wrestling fans wanting to see Lesnar win and MMA fans wanting Couture to win and there'll be fans wanting to see Couture's return too

And Dana just said that Spike will be doing a three or four part build up show. I'm betting right now that it'll beat a million PPV buys and Lesnar will win :pac:

it'll piss off us mma guys alright as Brocks record is only 1-1 and getting a title shot,also if he wins and if mir beats nog it'll mean he'll be fighting mir again for the undisputed belt which means outta his 3 fights in the ufc he could potentially face mir twice.

Four fights

MMA PROMOTION PROMOTES MARKETABLE FIGHTS SHOCKER!

Quit your Sherdogesque whining.

That's wrestling fans.

That is not strictly true. The MMA ocverage is 50/50 on that site.

That is not strictly true. The MMA ocverage is 50/50 on that site.

But there's a hell of a lot more people there who are only wrestling fans than people who are only MMA fans

Meltzer's on the line :pac:

DAVE!

But there's a hell of a lot more people there who are only wrestling fans than people who are only MMA fans

Out of the vocal subscribers (posters on the board) thats true.

Four fights
    sorry i meant in the ufc.

It's a big money maker but lets be honest Dana is making the match to teach randy a lesson...if Brock loses it'll be disasterous when randy's next contract comes around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

So did he.

It's a big money maker but lets be honest Dana is making the match to teach randy a lesson...if Brock loses it'll be disasterous when randy's next contract comes around

What are you talking about:
    Teaching Randy a lesson?
    Randy's next contract?

Get a clue

• Advertisement

So did I :) One vs Frank. Two vs Heath. Three vs Randy. And four vs Frank. Two out of his four UFC fights would be against Mir

I don't think it's to teach Randy a lesson. Who else is there for him to fight? This is a huge huge fight. I really don't think that Randy's going to be signing another contract after his three fights

rovert, be a bit more respectful please

rovert, be a bit more respectful please

In all due respect I think it is merited in this case.

In all due respect I think it is merited in this case.

It's not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

JESUS CHRIST!! I hadn't even heard Couture could be returning! That's what I get for not renuing my f4w subscription for the summer. I dunno, I can't see Lesnar beating him. but I would ****ing love him him to prove me wrong. I hope Lesnar destroys him.

It's bound to be brought up sooner or later - any word on Fedor that Randy's back?

It's not

Ok so booking Randy in a fight projected to do 1-1.5 million buys is teaching someone a lesson? This Randy's final active MMA contact.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    any word on Fedor that Randy's back?

That's what 75% of the conference has been about. Dana says that Fedor's under contract to Affliction and he can't mess with their contracts. He said they'll make him an offer when Fedor's out of contract, which Dana says will be January because he thinks that Affliction will be out of business by then. But they won't co-promote or sign Fedor for one fight or anything like that

What are you talking about:
    Teaching Randy a lesson?
    Randy's next contract?

Get a clue
    Ok rovert im not going to get into a massive row like most of your threads do, so ill explain what i meant and we'll leave it at that.

1. Teaching Randy a lesson. Unless your living under a rock you;ll know Dana and Randy have had their differences over the past year or so. Instead of making it Randy vs Nog for the undesputid title which is usually the case when there's a champion and an interm champion he's made it so randy could lose his belt to a relative newcomer to the mma game and not give him the chance to face nog and become undesputed champion.

2. Yes Randy's next contract. Everyone expected him to retire years ago, he's come out of retirement on a new contract after this fight he'll only have one left. Who says he wont sign a new contract, especially if the ufc do eventually land Fedor??

Fozzy: yeah sorry i forgot about that i was leaving out the potential rematch

Ok so booking Randy in a fight projected to do 1-1.5 million buys is teaching someone a lesson? This Randy's final active MMA contact.

So try explaining that rather than coming across as insulting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

So is this Randys last fight with the UFC? excuse my backwardness, but I'm on Dial-up for the summer and can't listen to the conferance.

Jesus I've never been this excited about a fight before!

Advertisement