Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lesnar versus Couture..it's official!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

rovert wrote: »
    Mike Coughlin would be proud of your depth of analysis. He isnt wrestling Savage, you know right?:pac:

Ha ha, Yes, I know who he is fighting in all, But my money is on Brock.
    For me he is the ultimate human.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

dancor wrote: »
    Ha ha, Yes, I know who he is fighting in all, But my money is on Brock.
    For me he is the ultimate human.

The ultimate human who choked in his only two UFC matches going against an experienced veteran.

But that's ok, Brock doesn't go down when he's hit... lol
    Hey dancor, stay away from the man who answers to the name of Paddy Power ;)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The ultimate human who choked in his only two UFC matches going against an experienced veteran.

But that's ok, Brock doesn't go down when he's hit... lol
    Hey dancor, stay away from the man who answers to the name of Paddy Power ;)

VR!

Choked against Herring??...Have to disagree..I think he knew what he was doing and won this with minimal effort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Yeah, VR, you said earlier that Brock lost twice. He's only lost once in his career, to Frank Mir. In his two other fights he was totally dominant, winning one in less than a minute and the other by a 30-26 decision. He wouldn't be getting a fight with Randy if he hadn't been impressive in his last fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

OMG, Lesner lost one match to an experienced jitz player and in the other he dominated one of the best heavyweights around.
    I heard somewhere that the winner of Nog V Mir will face the winner of this (Brock) :pac: I think Mir will throw that match to not meet Brock and have to take another hiding:pac:

• Advertisement

dancor wrote: »
    OMG, Lesner lost one match to an experienced jitz player and in the other he dominated one of the best heavyweights around.
    I heard somewhere that the winner of Nog V Mir will face the winner of this (Brock) :pac: I think Mir will throw that match to not meet Brock and have to take another hiding:pac:

Yeah, it was said in the conference call that this is a tournament for the heavyweight title. Winner of Brock/Randy vs winner of Nog/Mir for the undisputed title sometime in 2009

Oh sweet jesus, this is ever embarrassing!
    I so stand corrected and admit i f*cked up bigtime on the Herring result folks, it's been a busy week for me.

I still say though, that Frank Mir, and Heath Herring aren't Randy freakin' Couture though.

I'll also admit that i hate Lesnar and really want to see Couture knock his block off, probs because i'm also a Couture fan :)

VR!

Oh sweet jesus, this is ever embarrassing!
    I so stand corrected and admit i f*cked up bigtime on the Herring result folks, it's been a busy week for me.

I still say though, that Frank Mir, and Heath Herring aren't Randy freakin' Couture though.

I'll also admit that i hate Lesnar and really want to see Couture knock his block off, probs because i'm also a Couture fan :)

VR!

Ya they are both not 45 years old....Herring is 30 ...Mir is 29..More stamina imo:pac:

callaway92 wrote: »
    Ya they are both not 45 years old....Herring is 30 ...Mir is 29..More stamina imo:pac:

Did Couture not win a title last year at 44? ;) The way Brock is hopping professions, he'll be most likely a grease monkey at a garage at 44!
    VR!

Also both are thirty pounds heavier than Randy. Best chance Brock will have to hit the F-5 :pac:

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote: »
    Also both are thirty pounds heavier than Randy. Best chance Brock will have to hit the F-5 :pac:

Let's see all the wrestlers and the Pro Wrestling fans mark out, should that happen! ;)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Let's see all the wrestlers and the Pro Wrestling fans mark out, should that happen! ;)

VR!

How embarrassing would that be to the whole of MMA.. :o

Would be funny as hell though!

I'm convinced an incident like that is the reason Dana won't touch Kurt Angle with a barge pole. After all, this is the guy who stated that he would require his own weight class if he were to move to MMA!

Slightly off topic, am i the only one excited for Angle's shoot interview?, I'm dying to hear what his thoughts are on UFC at the moment, especially now that Brock is on board.

VR!

I'm convinced an incident like that is the reason Dana won't touch Kurt Angle with a barge pole. After all, this is the guy who stated that he would require his own weight class if he were to move to MMA!

Slightly off topic, am i the only one excited for Angle's shoot interview?, I'm dying to hear what his thoughts are on UFC at the moment, especially now that Brock is on board.

VR!

Funny what he said about a few months ago...Cant find link but he said something like this:
    "I would'nt be interested in joining the UFC but MMA is something I would be interested in. Id love to fight in the Octagon":rolleyes:

Funny what he said about a few months ago...Cant find link but he said something like this:
    "I would'nt be interested in joining the UFC but MMA is something I would be interested in. Id love to fight in the Octagon":rolleyes:

I've heard about that, although it seems closer to a year ago (yes, the time has really flown in!). Angle is one lost mind.

He's still freakin' awesome. I can see him doing a Sheiky and having a series of Shoots now. :D
    "I wanna break Brock's freakin' back!, make him freakin' humble!....", you know the rest folks. ;)
    VR!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I got it today havent watched it yet, too busy attention seeking. :P

It was something like "I won't be fighting in the UFC, but I've had some offers and I hope to compete in the octagon"

Then the presenter said, "you mean the cage?" and Angle replied, "that's right, the cage, the octagon"

Not really that big an MMA fan I take it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

From the observer update today:

--Tickets for Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Couture went on sale this morning and there was a ticketmaster snafu as they allowed non-Fight Club members to purchase tickets which wasn't supposed to happen. There were 4,800 people logged in at 10 a.m. when they went on sale, and all the $75 and $150 tickets were gone in minutes. Tickets at $1,000, $750, $500 and $300 were available as of Noon. Fight Club members, who pay $100 per year to have first access at tickets, are furious and there are those at UFC who are aware of the problem, but they don't know how you can go about making people who got tickets today give them back.

Jesus, an failure of epic on the part of ticketbastard for sure. :eek:
    VR!

Id hate to be the Ticketmaster rep who picks up Dana's call. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

First rule of Fight Club, don't tell Ticketmaster about Fight Club

Brock and Randy on ESPN from about a week ago:

Brock and Randy on ESPN from about a week ago:

The best part is when Brock flips the table.

UFC 91 promo video:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

UFC 91 promo video:

Anytime anyone shows me a video about this fight I anticipate it more and more

ufc91.jpg

Bad ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Randy has more stamina than both herring and mir, thats what his best attribute is in my opinion. If it goes 2 plus rounds then lesnar is ruined.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »
    If it goes 2 plus rounds then lesnar is ruined.

Depends on how the first 2 rounds go in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Depends on how the first 2 rounds go in my opinion.

I'm not so sure. Remember the pounding that Pedro Hizzo put on Randy and he kept going? Randy can take an amount of damage and still stay fighting, age or no.

I know people think experience might be overcome by power but at the end of the day Randy has a huge amount of experience of hurting people in the Cage, Brock does not, Randy has experience being on the wrong end of a bad situation, Brock does not.

I still think Randy only needs to get Brock into one bad situation and he will end it. I think Brock will have to get Randy into one and keep him there for some time to end it. I am by no means convinced of Brocks ability to finish while i am completely convinced of Randy's ability to survive.

I think the later rounds suit Couture a lot more.

Advertisement