Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lesnar versus Couture..it's official!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

I have money on Randy but geting a bit worried now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Lesnar struck Mir to back of the head, check the UFC rules when you have a second.
    :rolleyes:

When the referee goes to a refresher seminar first.
    Wexler12 wrote: »
    I have money on Randy but geting a bit worried now

How?

Did you read what I posted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

What time is this kicking off irish time???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

RCNPhotos wrote: »

3 a.m till 6 a.m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

callaway92 wrote: »
    3 a.m till 6 a.m

The main event will start no earlier than 5am i believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

If Lesnar had kept his composure and aimed for the front of Mir's head, do you think that Mir would still have won?

I was meant to add earlier that at least I've got my excuse sorted out if Brock gasses first :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

He didn't keep his composure though. Experienced fighters would of. If's don't matter. If Herring had landed a bomb on Brocks chin would he of knocked him out and won??? Nobody will know because he didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Just something else I wanted to add, I've seen people throw around "experience" as a reason that Randy should win. Herring had almost twice as many fights as Randy does and experience didn't help him at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'm seriously nodding off and it's only 12 bells. I don't trust myself to wake up to an alarm.:pac:

Couture to win, he just seems so bloody at ease with the whole thing. It leads me to believe that he has a clear plan of what he has in store for Brock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Fozzy wrote: »
    Just something else I wanted to add, I've seen people throw around "experience" as a reason that Randy should win. Herring had almost twice as many fights as Randy does and experience didn't help him at all!
    While that may be true you also have to take in the quality of opponent, look through his record pic out any ranked opposition he's fought and you'll find he's lost, same can't be said for Randy though.

Also I can never take Brock seriously when I see his chest Penis tattoo. Seriously what was he thinking!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

RCNPhotos wrote: »
    callaway92 wrote: »
    3 a.m till 6 a.m

What station is it on here? I assume it's one of the Bravo stations, but which one? Just making sure it's not Bravo 2, cos I don't have that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

orestes wrote: »
    What station is it on here? I assume it's one of the Bravo stations, but which one? Just making sure it's not Bravo 2, cos I don't have that one!

http://www.livesportontv.com/sportindex.php?id=23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Setanta 1 which you have to subscribe to. I might see if it's available through unofficial channels :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Setanta 1 which you have to subscribe to. I might see if it's available through unofficial channels :pac:

If you have TVU/Sopcast you'll find it on there.
    Or on justin.tv, though I find it can drop out at any stage.

I'm in work until 7am so I'll try and watch it, if not I've got it sky+ 'd at home, so I'll watch it tomorrow before I go to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Its almost on folks...cant wait!!
    Whether you're rooting for lesnar or couture,enjoy the show!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Joe Daddy against Ken Flo is the one im waiting for.

Interesting what Goldberg & Rogen just said about Josh Hendricks training with Couture mimickin Lesnar. I suppose Hendricks isn't in the main event because he didn't have the exposure on national and international telly that Lesnar did through his pro wrestling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It hasn't been on Bravo for months now.

So far a decent PPV.

Wow what a great night so far

Two great KOs
    Some amazing ground work and three great subs

Make that 4 subs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

What an animal, some elbow to get him down.

Well there you have it. At least Lesnar remembered not to punch to the back of the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Brock is unreal when he get them down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

That's that then. Time for bed unless they show a fight from the undercard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Lesnar has gotten shot of his "fake pro wrestler" stigma after tonight. Even won about half the crowd as well by the time he finished. One thing to win it, another thing to hold on to it. I can't wait for a rematch

Awesome main event!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Definitely got rid of his "fake fighter" name (but think he done that after the Mir fight) but to be fair I didn't think he "destroyed" Couture by any means, thought Randy had the first round and start o the second but that big punch on the temple meant everything! Once Brock gets you down in a decent mount, he's a freak of nature!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

I am shocked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Fair play to Brock, he is very good. He will beat Frank Mir in a rematch very easily IMO. That will have to wait a while cause Nogeira will paste him in the new year.

Randy vs Coleman at 205 could be an intriguing prospect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Randy vs Coleman at 205 could be an intriguing prospect.
    There's no money in that fight relative to other fights they could book. With Lidell and Ortiz's careers in limbo, I think that they're are match ups with Coture that would easily do good business again.

Unfortunately my prediction was right. I was jumping off my chair shouting for Randy though and I thought he was competing well until the shot to the head.

• Advertisement

Everyone's going to have to put up with rovert bragging now :pac:

Advertisement