Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bus lane camera on the longmile road

Options
  • 02-09-2008 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭

I saw 2 guys installing a camera on a pole and using a license plate during adjustments. One guy was standing in the bus lane with a license plate while the other was changing the angle of the camera. I work out of an office close by and watched it for a few minutes. No pictures unfortunately.

Anyone see it ?

As you drive from the naas road junction down the longmile road past the esso station on the left. Just before the junction of robinhood industrial estate, the camera is on a pole. It is positioned between 2 poles. First pole is the white bishop motors sign and the other is their citroen sign in the same dealership.

If anyone is stuck any morning at this junction (you will be !!), take a look to your left. It is nothing like the red light cameras and is much smaller.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Bus lane cameras ftw! About time.

Only one thing that annoys me more than people using bus laes (and right turn lnes) to skip traffic is the absolute retarded foolsthat let them bak into the line of traffic.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Are they bus lane cameras or just ordinary traffic monitoring cameras?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

I have seen the traffic monitoring cameras on M1, N7, N4 etc. It is not a traffic monitoring camera. Why would they test with a license plate for traffic monitoring. Pretty sure it is bus lane monitor. The junction goes from 2 lanes to one lane quickly and it always backs up all the way to the naas road junction all day. Cops sit on this bus lane further down just before the next junction at least 3 days a week in the morning and afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

wasnt it on prime time about dublin bus drivers cutting short routes/not running services etc so they could get home early? maybe its buses theyre after?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Damien360 wrote: »
    I saw 2 guys installing a camera on a pole and using a license plate during adjustments. One guy was standing in the bus lane with a license plate while the other was changing the angle of the camera. I work out of an office close by and watched it for a few minutes. No pictures unfortunately.

Anyone see it ?

As you drive from the naas road junction down the longmile road past the esso station on the left. Just before the junction of robinhood industrial estate, the camera is on a pole. It is positioned between 2 poles. First pole is the white bishop motors sign and the other is their citroen sign in the same dealership.

If anyone is stuck any morning at this junction (you will be !!), take a look to your left. It is nothing like the red light cameras and is much smaller.

Is the camera on the longmile road going into dublin or out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Might also help if they gave us stats on how many actual buses used the lane during peak hours, in my opinion unless there's 20 or more buses using the lane in an hour it should be opened to all traffic as it's being wasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

That would more than likely be a spy camera, I.E ANPR or "Automatic Number plate recognition". It will record the registration plate of any unauthorised transport using bus lanes during the designated period and summonses will be subsequently issued. All the latest busses from Dublin Bus have foreward facing cameras that can record continuous activity alomg bus lanes.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I thought the unions managed to get the company to back down on installing forward facing cameras.

Assuming it has ANPR (or even without ANPR I guess) and targets all non bus/taxi vehicles in the buslane, what time will it 'turn off' - is the system's 7pm the same as that used by the radio stations, etc.? Over time I can see plenty of people getting done for innocently using the bus lane in what they were led to believe were out of hours.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

kbannon wrote: »
    I thought the unions managed to get the company to back down on installing forward facing cameras.

Assuming it has ANPR (or even without ANPR I guess) and targets all non bus/taxi vehicles in the buslane, what time will it 'turn off' - is the system's 7pm the same as that used by the radio stations, etc.? Over time I can see plenty of people getting done for innocently using the bus lane in what they were led to believe were out of hours.

+1.

Especially if you need to turn left into any of those entrances.

Advertisement