Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book with cycling routes near Dublin

Options
  • 02-09-2008 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

A friend in work asked me to post a thread about a book his friend has written.Its called "leisure Cycling near Dublin" and the authors' name is Hugh Halpin.Its a point to point list of various scenic routes in the Meath,Louth,Kildare and Wicklow area with all the routes starting from Dublin along with a description of the interesting sights along the way.Sounds like it would make a great present!!This is a self -published book and its what we need more of to get the most out of our spins.Its available in all good bookshops.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

attachment.php?attachmentid=62464&stc=1&d=1220389563

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

That's one for me christmas stocking!

Thanks emty, I'll definitely be getting a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Ditto, cheers for that. Hopefully it sells well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

I bought this book a while ago - €9.99 I think. It's a great read with loads of routes. I haven't used any yet and maybe never will but I read it a lot and get my own ideas. I have joined up two of the routes inside and made one mongrel version. Worked well actually. Best of luck to the author. Hope it sells well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

I bought it a year ago from Eason's for a tenner I think (with one of those book vouchers that usually expire before being used:mad:)

Excellent book. Very well researched and has a great variety of spins. I've done about half of them at this stage at a nice leisurely touring pace. It's excellent for beginners/novices or aspiring leisure cyclists. I never realised how many beauty spots were so close. I used to think you had to go way west to feel proud of this country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I bought it in Dubray in Stillorgan shopping centre a while back. It was hidden in the Ireland / Places of Interest / Wicklow section. :rolleyes:

Advertisement