Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A6 CD player not working!

Options
  • 02-09-2008 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭

My dad's cd player in his A6 has not been working for a while now. Its located in the boot and is has capacity for 6 cds. When he puts the cd in its says "err" or "error" when reading each track. The odd one will work for a while but then it is off again. He's tried it with perfectly good cds too.

Is there some sort of cleaner that can be purchased to try and clean it....or is it possibly just shagged?

Has anyone seen this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You could try a CD cleaner to see if it helps - Most audio stores will have such an item.

If it's a genuine Audi CD changer, it is possible that the fault can be identified via a diagnosis tool - but if it does have a fault it'll most likely need replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭NOGMaxpower

I have the same car and I've had similar issues. I just brought it back to the garage i got it from and they fixed it up. However thats when it wouldn't work at all!

I still get the odd random "error" display this is usually down to the door of the 6 cdrom player not being closed properly. SO I take out the loader slide it back in and then make sure i've closed the door fully.

Try that hope it works.

Advertisement