Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adivce on buying a bike

Options
  • 02-09-2008 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a new bike - somewhere in the e300 to e400 range. Looking for something that's good for cycling around dublin on, not too heavy and can handle hills. Anybody got any recommendations? Or can recommend a good shop in the cc or southside where i'll get good value and decent service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Cycleways on Parnell Street and Joe Daly's in Dundrum are meant to be good.

For that price, you'd probably be talking some model of Dawes Discovery or Giant CRS I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sure22

I just bought a Trek hybrid FX 7.2 for €475 (the 7.1 is €425, there's a 7.0 too) and I absolutely love it

FX range is here
    http://www.trekbikes.com/uk/en/bikes/bike_path/fx/77fx/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Dawes Discovery are good bikes for the price and probably your best bet in that range. Joe Daly's stock them along with the Treks and would certainly reccomend them as a shop. Cycleways are generally fine but tend to be quite expensive and I think you are better off knowing what you are doing buying from them, have noticed a bit of a tendency to push the most expensive.

Advertisement