Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish bank, while travelling

Options
  • 02-09-2008 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

hi looking to get some advice on getting the rightt account for me and boyfriend.. we want to lodge about 50,000 and slowly take it out over the next few years while travelling... wen wanted a joint account with the followling perfect criteria

free international atm withdrawls
    decent intrest on the lump sum....
    2 atm cards..
    internet banking

any ideas?

thanks for help

danielle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

hi looking to get some advice on getting the rightt account for me and boyfriend.. we want to lodge about 50,000 and slowly take it out over the next few years while travelling... wen wanted a joint account with the followling perfect criteria

free international atm withdrawls
    decent intrest on the lump sum....
    2 atm cards..
    internet banking

any ideas?

thanks for help

danielle

Free international ATM withdrawals - No such thing AFAIK

Current account won't provide credit interest unless a regular sum is lodged

2 ATM cards - Given with a joint a/c

Internet Banking - Any bank worth their salt will provide this.

My advise would be to split your lump sum over 2 bank a/c's (or more but 2 should be enough). That way if an ATM card decides to stop working, you can withdraw from the backup a/c. I would recommend AIB if you need to keep a sum on deposit - for the simple reason that the balance is accessable online. Alternatively keep the full amount on deposit with First Active / Northern Rock / Rabobank (for online access) and drip feed as needed to your current a/c's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I had 2 ATMs cards on a regular basic (I think they called it dual and now upgraded to current) account with Ulster Bank without problem so it's not just for joint accounts.

I'm pretty sure I had the same with AIB (but with Lasers!).

AIB online banking seems to be the best around from what people say. I've used Rabo, AIB, UB, First Active and seen BOI in use. I like AIB best.

Advertisement