Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This just takes the biscuit!

Options
  • 02-09-2008 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Of all the Palin stories coming to light as people start finding out who she is (something the McCain campaign decided not to do it would seem :confused:) this story is just the straw that broke this camel's back :p

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/02/palins-trip-to-ireland-a_n_123264.html

(disclaimer: I never even knew she claimed this, but it's still fun to pretend to be disgraced!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

maybe she was part of the extraordinary rendition shenanigans :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Hard to see how this is news really. Her spokesperson said she had been to Ireland. She had but just didn't get off the plane.

Does anyone really care?

edit: Does that mean Yeltsin has never been to Ireland either?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Takes the biscuit - but only in local terms here. No-one will care about her lack of foriegn travel. Americans are not generally known for their globe trotting. Look at Bush!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Oiche_mhaith

there's bending the truth and the there is full of sh....

CtrlSource wrote: »
    Look at Bush!

The most traveled president in US history actually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

CtrlSource wrote: »
    Americans are not generally known for their globe trotting.

Except to Iraq and Afghanistan.

I just couldn't help myself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

turgon wrote: »
    I just couldn't help myself. :D

"Oh, war! It's just God's way of teaching Americans geography." - Stephen Colbert (Ambrose Bierce said it first)

Ponster wrote: »
    The most traveled president in US history actually.

Your joking right? Prior to becoming president he didn't fair much better then Palins record for leaving the country.

Hobbes wrote: »
    Your joking right? Prior to becoming president he didn't fair much better then Palins record for leaving the country.

Nope. After his trip to South Korea Bush has visited more countries than any other president and spent more time out of the country visiting them.

Ponster wrote: »
    Nope. After his trip to South Korea Bush has visited more countries than any other president and spent more time out of the country visiting them.

Yes but compare that before he became president.

• Advertisement
Advertisement