Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sent SMS's not deliver

• 02-09-2008 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭

Hi

does anyone know what the story is regarding sent SMS's but they are not reaching the recipients. I sent some International SMS but some of them are not deliver. I contacted customer care but they said that they can only guarantee SMS deliveries to providers if they have roaming agreements with them.

No idea if it's true so decided to check here before I contact Comreg, I searched on their website but couldn't find the answer.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What you have been told is true. If your network doesn't have a roaming agreement with them you won't be able to send them SMS (I know you're not technically roaming, but your texts are I guess ..). Any msgs sent to these networks are hit and miss. They may or may not get through. Your network can't troubleshoot issues because they have no contacts on the other side to actually check they are being received / processed by the network etc.

Also, all networks bill each other for SMS/calls/etc so they have to agree on rates etc which is why it's all hit and miss.

Comreg will be no help, don't bother.

Would suggest you setup email on your phone and have your international friend do the same.

Advertisement