Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to stop a car reving up?

Options
  • 02-09-2008 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

My car has started reving up a lot
    any idea what it could be?
    im told it could be the throttle sensor?
    i have had the spark plugs cleaned to hopefully fix it but didnt work,
    i

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Take your foot off the throttle.:D:D

Seriously what make,model,engine and year is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BlueDragon

its a 00 peugot 206

Idle air motor.

im accually selling the car, should i write that the car is reving up in the add or wait till they ring about it and say it started reving upthe other day?

My advice would be to get it sorted.

If i went to look at a car and seen that id walk away thinking if they couldnt sort that out what else have they let slip.

Its not that expensive a repair.

Will probably make you money in the long run and in this day and age the likes of your car are ten a penny so have it right before anyone looks at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

BlueDragon wrote: »
    im accually selling the car, should i write that the car is reving up in the add or wait till they ring about it and say it started reving upthe other day?

Neither, why not get the problem sorted?

Ya but theres allready a broken wishbone :(
    im thinking i might just leave it and put it in the add, is it definatly the idel air motor? or throttle sensor?
    how much would it cost to get fixed?

Cant rightly remember if you know a mechanic he might get you a second hand motor there is not a whole lot to fitting it.

Thinking back id say you would geta new motor and fitted for around €200 or less.

I hope your not in a hurry to sell it if you have those complaints and your not prepared to fix them either that or you will have to let it go well under its value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

spray some carburator cleaner in the trottle control valve this should loosen up any dirt caught in the valve.

Ya need the cash was going to sell it for 1,500 - 2000 just as a quick sale i dont think it would be worth fixing it? if it was over 150 to fix

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

Advertisement