Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, after all that, deep breath, settle down, and where the f*** are we

Options
  • 02-09-2008 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

So, after all that, deep breath, settle down, and where the f*** are we
    1 Ramos is in charge of mosrt things- much more than Jol ever was. He has unceremoniously dumped any players he didn't rate. Those that weren't offloaded don't even have squad numbers
    2 The squad is improved vastly over 2-3 years ago. We now have 2 players for each position on the team- more in places
    I see them as follows (in this order)
    G Gomes/Sanchez

RB Hutton/Corluka/Gunther
    CB Woodgate/King/Corluka/Dawson
    LB Bale/BAE/Gilberto

DM Zokora/Huddlestone?O'Hara/Corluka(Bale?)
    RM Bentley/Lennon
    LM Bale/GDS/O hara/Gilberto
    AM Modric/Bentley/GDS

ST Pavluchenko/Bent/GDS/Campbell

We need a better DM, i think Bale is needed at both LB and LM as I'm not sure about the options there, and another striker is needed at Christmas, but there is reason to hope

IF
    Ramos gets them playing - they look fit, the Berbatov (and to a lesser extent Keane) fiasco can be used to pull everyone together. Remember, Ferguson sold Hughes, Kanshelskis, and Ince in 95, and brought a young group thruogh very quickly.
    IF
    a couple of the squad make quantum leaps- either the younger players (Gunther, GDS, Campbell), those who have hit a wall (Dawson, Lennon, Hudd), or those who have not shone, but have survived the cull (Bent, Zokora)
    Wenger got Parlour and Adams to actually play under him.
    Clough won trophies with former journeyman. I know the world has changed, and the top players are now concentrated at a few clubs, so it's harder to brak in with good players and a great manager, but if ramos is a great manager, the players are good enough to have a decent season.
    I hope he comes good. This is his team, these are his players, this is his chance.
    By Christmas, we will know who is up to it, and where we need to strengthen. We should have €60m to spend, as Levy has said we made a 5m loss on transfers this summer, so the 30-40m that was promised for the window gone by can be topped up.
    I expect this team to grow together. The club have a lot to prove. Backs are to the wall, and we will not stand still. This club will either progress over the next 18 months, or we'll be back to the 90's- lower mid table. It's going to be interesting, and if this team rolls up it's sleeves and fights, the club will be more unified top to bottom than at any stage since 87.
    It just might even be fun.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

So, The club have a lot to prove. Backs are to the wall, and we will not stand still. This club will either progress over the next 18 months, or we'll be back to the 90's- lower mid table. It's going to be interesting, and if this team rolls up it's sleeves and fights, the club will be more unified top to bottom than at any stage since 87.
    It just might even be fun.

Just read this mr Gee, so I am interested to see if your excitement or optimism has changed?

Advertisement