Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repeating!!

Options
  • 02-09-2008 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

ok i've decided to repeat but was wondering what subjects (at higher level) would i be able to pick up in one year
    already doing:
    business
    economics
    art
    french

any help would be grand cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

If your interested at all in biology I'd reccomend that as it's mainly just sitting down and understanding as opposed to a lot of hard equations.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tee.

ok i've decided to repeat but was wondering what subjects (at higher level) would i be able to pick up in one year
    already doing:
    business
    economics
    art
    french

any help would be grand cheers!

I'd say since you're doing both business and economics, you'd get your head around accounting quick enough? I didn't do accounting for my leaving so I don't know what its like, but I'd say it'd be worth lookin at!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

tee. wrote: »
    I'd say since you're doing both business and economics, you'd get your head around accounting quick enough? I didn't do accounting for my leaving so I don't know what its like, but I'd say it'd be worth lookin at!
    I strongly disagree.

Accounting is one of the hardest LC subjects.

Up until last year the exam was fairly predictable.
    But a new fella set the exam and it was a disaster to say the least. Got a D3. :(

You won't get the course done in a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tee.

blue-army wrote: »
    I strongly disagree.

Accounting is one of the hardest LC subjects.

Up until last year the exam was fairly predictable.
    But a new fella set the exam and it was a disaster to say the least. Got a D3. :(

You won't get the course done in a year!

Ok. scratch what I said then!! sorry! i just based it on his other subjects!
    em, I did ag.science. wasn't good at it but theres 25% going for a project and it's alot of common sense if you've any farming background! my cousin repeated and she took it up and got it done in the year.
    Best of luck repeating anyway!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Coconutqueen

If youre willing to put in the work biology is a good higher level subject to take. Or home ec. Home ec has like 20% of your grade done by november cause ya have to hand up this journal thing. I got a c2 in higher level home ec this year and I didnt study a bit - llike I failed my christmas exam :p I looked over some sheets the night before the LC and then pulled it out of the bag!:D

To be honest we didnt have a great teacher in 5th year. (She retired at the end of the year and im sure it was due to mental issues or oldness or something - not to be ageist now)! And our 6th year teacher did try but by then we were too lazy and all we did was have a laugh with her - or at her im not sure which... :rolleyes::P

Yeh Id definitly say home ec. Hope that helped! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Trance

Home Ec. Bake a few cakes, cook a bit of pasta, do a bit of knitting, clean a few surfaces and there!.. an easy A1! :)

Advertisement