Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs 11 of forced sales/judas players/stupid sales

Options
  • 02-09-2008 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

How about this to set the ball rolling
    Jennings (stupid))

Carr
    Judas
    Mackay (stupid)
    Gough

Waddle stupid
    Gascoigne (ditto)
    Carrick

Berbatov
    Keane
    Klinsmann
    Sub Archibald

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

sheringham and gionala instead of berbatov and keane tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Where's Sol Campbell? would he not come in under the Judas Catagory?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,613 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The Muppet wrote: »
    Where's Sol Campbell? would he not come in under the Judas Catagory?

I have a feeling he has indeed been filed in the Judas category...

Tauren wrote: »
    I have a feeling he has indeed been filed in the Judas category...

Hi Tauren,

He certainly had all the credentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,613 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The Muppet wrote: »
    Hi Tauren,

He certainly had all the credentials.

Judas at CB in the team in the OP.

• Advertisement

My Bad, don't know how I missed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Flipz4Rollz

Wheres sol cambell(judas)
    Defoe(stupid sale)Now we cant buy a goal
    Sheringham(stupid sale)
    Carr was a good bit of business imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

would definitly agree with the keane one
    especially after the whole i want to finish my career with tottenham statement after the cup final!

of course sol campbell has to be there.

wasnt fond of the ginola sale either. think he was brilliant for us.

mickey hazzard SIGNING can we count that as stupid !!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

keane=cock wrote: »
    mickey hazzard SIGNING can we count that as stupid !!:)

Sorry mate disagree with you there.

Born February 1960 in Sunderland and he is a player that holds a unique achievement that only a few can have claim to. He has had more than one period at the club. Apart from Hazard, at this moment in time I can only think of Klinsmann and Sheringham that have played for Spurs in two different periods.

Hazard came down to London and Joined the youth set up when he was 16. At the time there was serious doubt as to if Spurs and Hazard as a partnership would work out. This was due to bouts of homesickness that would see him go AWOL and see him return to his native northeast. Hazard did eventually settle down in London and become an important part of the squad.

Looking back it is unfortunate for the player that he had such great creative midfielders to compete with. Glen Hoddle and Ricky Villa were above Hazard in the pecking order more often than not. However, this did not stop Hazard becoming a fans favourite

Between 1978 and 1985, Micky played 91 times for the club scoring 13 goals. The honours that he collected with us were the 1982 FA Cup and 1984 UEFA cup.

Notable memories from this time were a goal he scored against Notts Forest (Top right hand corner) and a Glen Hoddle goal against Chelsea, where Hazard contributed with some wonderful ball juggling.

After Micky`s departure in 1985 he then went on to play for Chelsea (81 Appearances), Portsmouth (8) and Swindon Town (121) where he became an important player in the clubs most successful spell.

Mickey came back to the Lane, November 1993 and he ended up playing 11 times, scoring 2 goals. The transfer fee paid was £50,000. Micky played against the Arsenal at Highbury and made an important pass that resulted in Darren Anderton scoring the Opening goal.

I also remember a home game against Blackburn where it was wonderful to watch him spraying the ball around.

Micky then retired from the game in 1995.

It was reported that he then went on to become a London Taxi driver,

how times have changed!

Micky in total played for the Spurs 102 times.

spurs.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

rocky i stand corrected!!

thanks for the info..

i remember seeing him on the tele about being a taxi man come to think of it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

rocky25 wrote: »

It was reported that he then went on to become a London Taxi driver,

Correct.

Also does either coaching or scouting for Crystal Palace.

Supposed to be a lovely fella, it's sad to see some utter filth getting 20k+ a week to ponce around pretending to be footballers when honest decent players like Hazard are working blue collar jobs. Neil Webb is a postman! Graham Roberts (who won us the 84 Uefa Cup IMO) makes a living selling sports memorobilia (signed shirts and the like) with a bit of media work thrown in to pay the alimony to wives #1 and 2 I believe,

Modern players don't know when they have it made...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Mickey hazzard was a lovely footballer.

Advertisement