Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What does every first year need?

• 02-09-2008 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi lads and lassys,
    Startin at ITB on the 11th doing computers and i was just wondering, wtf do i bring? :D I havnt a clue what its gonna be like and I was wonderin if someone could shed some light on the subject for me.

Cheers,
    Dave

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

A backpack, some notepads and pens. A usb stick is handy if use computers for anything, although a laptop is handier (start nagging the parents for that early Christmas present). That's all you really need for the first while. Lecturers will let you know if you need anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭da4i's

sound mate. didnt think id need to bring the laptop wit me seems i'l have ta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Condom's!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

First week or two you should be fine without the laptop. Once you start getting assignments and that though it will be very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭da4i's

kmart6 wrote: »
    Condom's!
    I'm not that good with the ladies yet. maybe in a few months lol

Cheers for the comments mate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Stephen90

First week or two you should be fine without the laptop. Once you start getting assignments and that though it will be very handy.

Yes but the first week or two you most certainly will not be fine without the condoms. No better week than freshers....! :D

He's doing computers, he probably won't need them for the whole four years. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

He's doing computers, he probably won't need them for the whole four years. :pac:

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

:D harsh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Diarmaid07

Oi!!

Some of us are right whores!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

I am of the opnion that a laptop is not needed in the slightest, if any work is needed to be done then there are plenty of computers unoccupied, it's handy don't get me wrong but far from something you need.

I have been here since the start of this year and I have not needed a laptop once.

Not to say I wouldn't take one:D

Advertisement