Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

statistics show longer duration of use than physically possible

Options
  • 03-09-2008 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

Vodafone Mobile broadband. Got it yesterday. Total volume statistic for download is listed as over 1gb which is unlikely since it's only been used for casual internet browsing (no downloads etc). Total volume statistic for duration is 36 hours which is impossible since I only got the thing 30 hours (and the thing was disconnected from any computer overnight etc.)

Dodgy as **** if you ask me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

get onto then and complain like feck, theres a tiny download cap on those things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

A gigabyte in a day isn't that far outside the realms of possibility, surfing nowadays uses up more bandwidth than you would realize because of content heavy webpages. Not to mention the fact that something could have been downloading without you realizing, updating etc. I think if you rang Vodafone they would in the nicest possible way (because you're still in the 14 day trial period) tell you to feck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

As far as i know vodafone count your upload and download in your monthly allowance.

You'll never last 30 days within your cap at that rate.

Advertisement