Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stir-in sauce?

Options
  • 03-09-2008 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

Is this acceptable for using with pasta as part of a healthy diet? or is it just filled with excess salts and sugers? I usually use abbout a 1/3rd of a tub for a single portion. Brand is usually Dolmio.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Read the nutrition info on the back and see the calories, salt and sugar content, and fat content. If you're happy with it, then its OK. If not, then its not.

I had Dolmio sauce the other night - it was the Light version, pretty low in everything, and I ate a small amount of it with wholemeal pasta. Sometimes you need some carbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭lindak

I sometimes make my own and its lovely, even nicer than those stir ins. You just needs can of tined tomatoes, garlic, chilli power ( i like it hot) mixed herbs & black pepper. I put it with wholemeal pasta and chicken breast, with some fried onion and mixed peppers its lovely ! Give it a go its doesnt take long at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

No need for dolmio save yourself some money! A tin of tomatoes, some puree, fresh garlic clove, some parsley, some basil a bit of water and reduce. Best sauce I've ever tasted just experiement with the amounts, dolmio tastes far too sweet for me

Advertisement