Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Legal Tint?

Options
  • 03-09-2008 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what's the "legal" percent of black tint that you're allowed to have? Something that has been on my mind the last while.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

Dark as you want with the back three.
    Not sure about the front windows sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Dark as you want with the back 3 and front 2, It will also pass the nct with this done.

As for the front though, no go area, for the NCT at least.
    AFAIK there is no actual law against tinting your windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Dark as you want with the back 3 and front 2, It will also pass the nct with this done.

As for the front though, no go area, for the NCT at least.
    AFAIK there is no actual law against tinting your windows.

which one is it??

Connorzee wrote: »
    which one is it??

Apologies, by front I meant to say windscreen.

Basically, you can tint everything except the windscreen as dark as you want.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Apologies, by front I meant to say windscreen.

Basically, you can tint everything except the windscreen as dark as you want.

for some reason the guards in my town gave me a few verbal warning about my tint. I have the back 3 done only :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mick-skyline

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    for some reason the guards in my town gave me a few verbal warning about my tint. I have the back 3 done only :confused:
    they like to throw thier weight around, theres no law against it, and the law that was supposed to come in never did for privacy reasons. go as dark as you can, limo all round, excapt the windscreen,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

There is NO LAW about tints!!

But different people get treated differently depending on what car etc!
    My dad gets limmo tints on whatever he buys and never gets hassle, My sister had limo on her civic YEARS ago and got wicked hassle!!!

ul get the least hassle with just the backs tinted! if u get pulled you could say its cause u keep work stuff in the back!

You don't even need an excuse.

Gardas just have a problem when they can't see where you're looking all the time :rolleyes:

Advertisement