Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your 3 *MUST PLAY* before you die games !

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

How far did you guys actually get in X?

What did you not like? Best minigame ever? Best battle system/levelling up system in a Fantasy? Auron?

I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Dues Ex (PC)
    Sensible Soccer (Amiga)
    Quake II (PC)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Super Mario World
    Street fighter 2
    Metal Gear Solid

predictable but hey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

tokyo extreme racer 2 ( under manes names made by geniki & konami ) Dreamcast

Kiado racer I/II Ps2

Counter Strike: Source. Guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

Privateer 2 (anyone who likes Space shooters should give this a go)
    Mortal Kombat 2
    Quakeworld

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Fallout2
    Boshock
    Starcrat +brood war ( story mode )

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

noodler wrote: »

What did you not like? Best minigame ever? Best battle system/levelling up system in a Fantasy? Auron?

I dunno.

I actually dont know why they call ffx best ff..... It was very limited, no free roaming , like in ff7 or ff8. i thought it was really bad :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I think it is the 2nd best. No world map and it was kinda linear til you got the airship but there was till loads to do. Besides, plenty of FF gmes have most locations on a world map locked at an early stage in any case.

The battle system was the most satisying. You were given an incentive to actually use fire on fire-weak enemies, use piercing weapons on hard shell weapons, use wakka's ball for lying enemies etc to inflict the most damage and thereby score an 'overkill'. In most of the games you can just press X to attack, X to attack etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Boiling Point RtH
    Stalker
    Halo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pappy o' daniel

On PC

Planescape: torment (great story and characters)
    The orange box (can this count as one choice?)
    Civilisation 2 ( best strategy game ever)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,970 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

noodler wrote: »

I dunno.

Blitzball is the best mini game ever? You serious?

I just didn't get that inexplainable good vibe you get from a great Final Fantasy game. I found the voice acting annoying beyond belief. But then again, I'm not really one for voice acting in RPGs.

If I remember correctly, I also found it too linear. Also didn't like the sphere grid.

Actually I didn't like the art direction or the overall feel of the world. Wakka was also an annoying c*nt. Didn't like Tidus either.

To be honest, it's been a good while now since I've played it. All I can really remember is being very let down after being hyped up for it's release.

Saying all that, I'll probably go back now and love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Zarbon

Final Fantasy X > Final Fantasy VII

*Activates flame shield*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I actually dont know why they call ffx best ff..... It was very limited, no free roaming , like in ff7 or ff8. i thought it was really bad :(.

Ah here FFVII and FFVIII weren't exactly free roaming. You could wander around the world map but you get ferried from location to location anyway. They were just as linear as FFX except FFX just streamlined it by getting rid of the world map.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

mario cart wii - drunk.

gta 4

call of duty 4 (single player shooter) halo 3 (online play)

theyre the first off top of my head. i didnt include a rts. maybe Age of empires 2. yeah. but i cant replace any of them above :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

kenyard wrote: »
    mario cart wii - drunk.
    Any Mario Kart game under the influence of alcohol/substances is always good :)

Especially battle mode. Let the fighting begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

yeah. plus trying to manage the wheels can get so confusing :P
    me n a mate were playing double dash while back. hes not bad but we had a crate each. werent through it all at this stage but he had 3 last places and a second last to earn him all of 1 point. he gave up playing then.

halo 3 online is one of the best games iv ever played though. only problem is loading times between games.. worth it though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Half Life 1/2, Portal, Mario World (my personnal favourite), Tetris, World of Warcraft, Freespace 2, Syndicate, Baldurs Gate. Its not three, but whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Half Life
    The Sims
    Grand Theft Auto Vice City

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

kaimera wrote: »
    Boiling Point RtH
    Stalker
    Halo :pac:

:eek: How could anyone love that buggy mess? or are you referring those to try it to see how NOT to code or script a game? :D

3 aint much but here goes for mine:
    - X-com Apocalypse
    - Resident Evil
    - Might & Magic 6 & 7

Advertisement