Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to Kilkenny for the final- where?

Options
  • 03-09-2008 12:46am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm from Dublin with Kilkenny family so although I couldn't get a ticket to the hurling final (boo) I'll probably head down to Kilkenny to watch it somewhere.
    However, went to Kilkenny City last year but there wasn't much buzz about. Any ideas where would be a good place to go and spend a night and really get a feel for the place? I don't know Kilkenny well so not sure about where to go but LOVE the hurling and follow it avidly. I'm not looking for somewhere with all young folks and mad night life as such; just a friendly pub with a BIG screen TV and a bit of life, y'know.. I was thinking perhaps somewhere where a player is from or something perhaps..
    Any suggestions greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

You could try Shefflins pub in Ballyhale for the match. Bound to be a few Deise about for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Cill Chainnigh

Where did you end up? Find any nice pubs?

Advertisement