Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Valerie Cox OB rubbish sound.

• 03-09-2008 4:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭

On the Today with Pat Kenny show I always hear Valerie Cox doing an outside broadcast and whether its Ballsbridge or Bantry the audio is rubbish ie ala a bad mobile phone.

Is is not possible to improve things as we are in the 21st century.

When ever I hear a reporter on BBC Radio 4,5 no matter where they are they're audio is lovely . I think they are using a small box of tricks with a baby sized satellite dish, I think RTE could afford one for Valerie.

Any views?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

She usually doesn't stray too far from the Wicklow area,could be the mountains:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

I find her pieces very boring and repetitive, it usually involves her reporting from some sh1thole, making mountains out of molehills.

RTE’s “investigative unit” should be disbanded and go back to ripping off BBC programmes and save the license fee payers from their opinionated drivel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

spadder wrote: »
    I find her pieces very boring and repetitive, it usually involves her reporting from some sh1thole, making mountains out of molehills.
    That, coupled with her annoying lisp (yes I know she can't help it) makes me want to take a Zippo to the racks of unsold RTE Guides in my local newsagent.

...and if Gerry Ryan was on the cover, what a happy day that would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

That, coupled with her annoying lisp (yes I know she can't help it) makes me want to take a Zippo to the racks of unsold RTE Guides in my local newsagent.

...and if Gerry Ryan was on the cover, what a happy day that would be.

agree having a person with a lisp on radio is like having a blind person drive a bus ridiculous!! Also her mother goose attitude to every topic like its kids storytime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

The content dosen't bother me its just why they wouldn't get her a proper satellite OB unit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement