Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are my options!!??

Options
  • 03-09-2008 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

hi -
    moved to a new apartment D3
    3rd floor listed building(no dishes allowed)
    No phone line in apartment
    ripwave and 3g mobile ain't good enough for me.

I can get eircom to put a line in for 120euro but no guarantee that it will work - but it's my next step. .

Any ideas??

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

NO NTL in the area no?
    Phoneline is your only bet after that

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭AmarilloFats

Nope - NTL not available...

What are my chances of the EIrcom line being good enough for broadband??!!
    Gonna chance it anyway///..

scary stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭AmarilloFats

Will anyone else other than eircom install a phone line????

If I get eircom to install a phone line for 122euro will I be contractually obliged to rent the line from them???

Can I get eircom to install it and then use magnet or whoever!!!???

How big is digiwebs wireless box????
    Apparently, my closest line of sight antennae would be in ringsend - Im in drumcondra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Alien and all as it sounds :) , speak to some of your neighbours. Some, if not all of them will have investigated broadband at some stage. Also, some of them may have working fixed lines, and as you will be off the same exchange (unless by some freak of nature Eircom decide to put you and your next door neighbour on different exchanges, TRUE STORY!), you should expect the same service as they get.

Hope this helps!

Advertisement