Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

6 days notice for test

Options
  • 03-09-2008 10:11am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I sat my 1st driving test last month and failed by one mark (got 9 x's on the sheet) reapplied straight away and received the acknowledgement letter shortly after.
    Then yesterday I have a voicemail on my phone from someone at the RSA telling me I've a test date of the 9th of September at 12:45, no reference no., no letter received and no chance in hell of getting a lesson between now and then as all the instructors are up the walls. It turns out the test is in a a different ctr. so really need to get some knowledge of the routes beforehand.
    I've tried calling to reschedule but no answer as usual... any ideas?
    Or if anyone knows a good instructor for the wilton test routes in cork who may be available I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Petrolium Hat

I think people worry way too much about routes. If you got 9 faults on your last test, call a few people about getting a pretest. Tell them what your faults were, ask them how to avoid those faults. Drive compitently and you'll pass. Route doesn't matter a jot if your compitent tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

mmm I guess you're right, to be honest though I did think that the RSA had to give you a couple of weeks notice unless you asked for a last minute cancellation, I haven't even received written notification though.

Luckily enough since I posted earlier I've managed to get a pretest for Saturday... so fingers crossed.!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Did you request a date as soon as possible or inform them that you are willing to be tested at short notice?

If you inform an instructor that your test is on 9th Sept., they may re-roster others to accommodate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Petrolium Hat

Good luck anyway, you were close the last time so relax, you have the experience and the test really isnt that long so just concentrate.

thanks guys will let ye know how I get on

• Advertisement

Did you request a date as soon as possible or inform them that you are willing to be tested at short notice?
    quote]

No, just sent in the normal application ... thats why I was a bit miffed at the short notice, I spoke to an instructor today who said its becoming a bit of a regular thing now and they seem to be making a fortune out of cancellation fees... not very fair considering if you want to reschedule you need to do so 10 days before the test or earlier.. if you're only given 6 days notice what do you do then??

Anyway enough of my moaning.. all fingers and toes crossed

Advertisement